Focus: Spatial Theory
* * * Click the following link to learn about the AFRICANA FILM SERIES hosted by Dr. Hickey each February. * * *
- Ph.D. in English, State University of New York at Albany
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Principles of Communication
- Humanities I: Ancient Times to the Renaissance
- Humanities II: The Renaissance to the 19th Century
- Humanities III: The 19th Century to the Present
- Humanities 201: The Contemporary World
- Health Care and Human Values
- The Drama
- Travel in Literature and Image
- African American Literature and Music
- Caribbean Literature and Music
- African Literature, Film, and Music
- Culture and Customs of Senegal
- Culture, Customs, & Health of Belize
- Global Health
- Nature and Wellness
- My research is on spatiality in Africana literatures, visual arts, and music with focuses on travel, gender, cuisine, birds, ecology, and Illichean conviviality.
- Annual ACPHS Africana Film Series Coordinator
- Image-Film: "Four Years Across Africa by Bike"
- Annual Pharm.D. Rotation in Basel, Switzerland Coordinator
- Study Abroad Course in Senegal Professor
- Medical Mission to Belize Professor
- New York African Studies Association President
- External Reviewer for U.S. State Department Youth Leadership Program with Francophone Africa
“Hellenism and the Postcolonial Imagination: Yeats, Cavafy, Walcott.” Interventions: International Journal of Postcolonial Studies 14.3 (September 2012): 477-479.
“Africa and Travel Writing.” New Directions in Travel Writing and Travel Studies (Comparative Culture, Media, and Communication Studies Series). Carmen Andras, editor. Aachen: Shaker Publishing GmbH, 2010. 103-118.
“`Exiles Must Make Their Own Maps’: Space, Teleology, and Derek Walcott.” International Journal of the Humanities. Vol. 6.7 (2008), pages 85-96.
“Furrowing Africa’s Killing Fields.” The International Journal of the Humanities. Vol. 4.5 (2006), pages 101-109.