The Office of Innovative Learning at ACPHS works with faculty to develop new approaches to teaching and learning. Faculty interested in learning more about the resources available to them from this Office are encouraged to e-mail Innovative Learning.
Innovative learning can mean different things to different people. Too often it is merely associated with the introduction of new technologies. ACPHS is evolving a strategy for innovative learning based on:
- Developing 21st century skills throughout the curriculum
- Flipping the classroom and creating interactive learning experiences
- Developing digital presentations of student accomplishments
- Collaborating and sharing
- Adjusting to the mobile computing world (tablets and smartphones)
- Making use of open learning content in various medias
Helping the College facilitate this strategy is The DeNuzzo Center for Innovative Learning. Named in honor of legendary ACPHS Professor Rinaldo DeNuzzo, the Center helps promote and coordinate activities related to innovative learning, including:
- Case studies on innovative learning
- Coordination of interest groups related to innovative learning
- Coordination of information on research and development activities for teaching and learning
- Information on educational research grant opportunities
New for Spring 2017: Preventive Measures
It helps to be prepared in the event that a faculty member cannot meet with their students in the classroom during regularly scheduled class time. This can happen due to inclement weather, or the need to fulfill an off-campus responsibility.
The Center for Innovative Learning has developed a set of tools for faculty to use in order to prepare for such unexpected situations.
Visit the Preventive Measures page to learn more!