Through meaningful orientation and transition programs, student-focused events and activities, and a holistic approach to developing student leaders, the Office of Student Engagement and Wellness offers purposeful and engaging co-curricular experiences that support the next generation of healthcare leaders as they progress towards graduation.
The Office of Student Engagement and Wellness is committed to:
- Maintaining a student-centered focus in all OSEW interactions, policies and procedures
- Developing informed leaders
- Celebrating and supporting the uniqueness of all individuals at the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Promoting an inclusive environment that serves and welcomes all students
Through participation in OSEW supported events, activities, and initiatives, students will be able to:
- Develop a sense of personal and professional identity
- Build meaningful relationships with peers and other members of the ACPHS community
- Cultivate a sense of belonging at the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Explore new and different understandings of what is means to be leader in the larger world around them
The Office of Student Engagement and Wellness organizes and supports many of ACPHS’ small- and large-scale events including Fall Orientation, Welcome Week, Fall and Spring Campus Involvement Fairs, Fall Family Weekend, and more.
The Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) serves as the primary liaison between the ACPHS student body and the ACPHS administration. The SGA is led by the Executive Board, consisting of the SGA President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Social Chair. The SGA E-board also includes the Professional Organizations and Clubs Chairs, which support the over 55+ interest groups, clubs, and professional organizations on campus. Additionally, the SGA organizes the Senate which includes representation from class years and student special interest groups.
The Campus Activities Programming Board
The Campus Activity Programming Board (CAPB) is ACPHS’ student-run programming board responsible for designing, planning, advertising, and hosting large-scale events and programs for the ACPHS community. CAPB events include Welcome Week, Stress Relief Weeks, Finals Week Snack Attack, Springfest and more!
Clubs and Professional Organizations
With over 55+ active clubs, and professional organizations on campus, ACPHS has something for everyone!