Focus: Drug Development & Regulation
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Pharmaceutics I & II
- Pharmaceutical and Analytical Techniques
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Experiences
- Regulatory Sciences
- Advanced Pharmaceutics
- Advance Pharmacy Practice Experiences
- Special Topics in Pharmaceutics
- Biologics, Biosimilars, and Peptides: Our group is interested in the study, design, development, and evaluation of therapeutic proteins and peptides for drug products. This research incorporates a range of interdisciplinary approaches including structural-based design, computer modeling, protein engineering, formulation, and characterizations at molecular and nano-scales.
- Botanical Drug Products: Botanical products are complex substances from nature. By applying similar analytical techniques and strategies used for biologics, combined with the application of informatics and system pharmacology tools, we seek to close the gap between product quality and biological effects.
- With these Complex Drug Products demonstrating increasing therapeutic value, our studies have the ability to provide insights for industry, regulators, and healthcare providers to improve the quality, safety, efficacy, approvability, and affordability of therapeutics used in patient care.
- Applied Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, 7th Edition, Edited by Leon Shargel and Andrew Yu, McGrawHill, 2015.
- Martin’s Physical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 6th edition, Edited by Patrick Sinko, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010.
HaiAn Zheng, James Truong, Fred Carroll, Manjunath P. Pai, Do Formulation Differences between Reference Listed Drug and Generic Products of Piperacillin-Tazobactam Impact Reconstitution? Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 59 (3) 1767-1769, 2015.
Dominique Pepe, Melissa McCall, HaiAn Zheng, Luciana B. Lopes, Protein Transduction Domain-containing Microemulsions as Cutaneous Delivery Systems for an Anticancer Agent, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 102( 5): 1476-87, 2013.
Jaclyn M. Hosmer, Soo Shin, Adwoa Nornoo, HaiAn Zheng. Luciana B. Lopes, Influence of Internal Structure and Composition of Liquid Crystalline Phases on Topical Delivery of Paclitaxel, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 100(4):1444-1455, 2011.
Luciana B. Lopes, Hillary VanDeWall, Hsin T. Li, Vijay Venugopal, Hsin K. Li, Stan Naydin, Jaclyn Hosmer, Mark Levendusky, HaiAn Zheng, M. Vitória L.B. Bentley, Robert Levin, Martha A. Hass, Topical Delivery of Lycopene Using Microemulsions: Enhanced Skin Penetration and Tissue Antioxidant Activity, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 99: 1346-1357, 2010.
Adwoa Nornoo, HaiAn Zheng, Luciana Lopes, Boris Johnson-Restropo, Kurunthachalam Kannan, Rachel Reed, Oral Microemulsions of Paclitaxel: in-situ and pharmacokinetic studies. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 71(2), 310-317, February 2009.
HaiAn Zheng, Ju Zhao, WanYun Sheng, Xiang-Qun Xie, A Transmembrane Helix-bundle from G-protein Coupled Receptor CB2: Biosynthesis, Purification, and NMR Characterization, Biopolymers 83(1):46-61, 2006.
Ju Zhao, HaiAn Zheng, Xiang-Qun Xie, NMR Characterization of Recombinant Transmembrane Protein CB2 Fragment CB2(180-233) Protein & Peptide Letters, 13(4):335-42, 2006.
HaiAn Zheng, Ju Zhao, Shu Wang, CM Lin, Thomas Chen, David Jones, Stanley Opella, Xiang-Qun Xie, Biosynthesis and Purification of a Hydrophobic Peptide from Transmembrane Domains of G Protein Coupled CB2 Receptor, Journal of Peptide Research, 65(4):450-8, 2005.
Xiang-Qun Xie, Ju Zhao, HaiAn Zheng, Expression, Purification, and Isotope Labeling of a GPCR Protein Fragment, CB2(180-233), Protein Expression and Purification, 38(1):61-8, 2004.