Chair, Dept. of Pharmacy Practice
- Fellowship in Nephrology, Albany Medical College/Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Residency in Nephrology/Internal Medicine, Albany Medical College/Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Pharm.D., Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- B.S., Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- PTPM - Nephrology/Toxicology Module
- Integrated Problem Solving Workshop
- Nephrology Patient Care (elective)
- Advanced Nephrology (elective)
- Clerkship (outpatient nephrology)
- Medication related problems in chronic kidney disease
- Intravenous iron associated oxidative stress
- Drug Pharmacokinetics in patients with reduced kidney function and receiving dialysis
Cardone KE, Manley HJ, Grabe DW, Meola S, Hoy CD, Bailie GR. Quantifying home medication regimen changes and quality of life in patients receiving nocturnal home hemodialysis. Hemodial Int. 2011 Apr;15(2):234-42. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-4758.2011.00539.x. Epub 2011 Mar 13.
Cardone KE, Lodise TP, Patel N, Hoy CD, Meola S, Manley HJ, Drusano GL, Grabe DW. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of intravenous daptomycin during continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011 May;6(5):1081-8. Epub 2011 Mar 10.
Patel N, Cardone K, Grabe DW, Meola S, Hoy C, Manley H, Drusano GL, Lodise TP. Use of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles to determine optimal administration of daptomycin in patients receiving standardized thrice-weekly hemodialysis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011 Apr;55(4):1677-83. Epub 2011 Jan 31.
Grabe DW. Update on clinical practice recommendations and new therapeutic modalities for treating anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2007;64(13 Suppl 8):S8-14.
Grabe DW, Chan M, Eisele G. Evaluation of ankle ultrasonography to detect osteoporosis in chronic renal failure patients. Clin Ther 2006;28:255-263.
Grabe DW, Cerulli J, Stroup J, Kane MP. Comparison of the Achilles Express® Ultrasonometer to dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA). Ann Pharmacother 2006;40:830-835.
Grabe DW. What are the important drug use errors in dialysis patients? Antimicrobial agents. Semin Dial 2010;23:472-474. Joy MS, DeHart RM, Gilmore C, Hachey DM, Hudson JQ, Pruchnicki M, Zillich AJ, Dumo P, Grabe DW, Saseen J. Clinical Pharmacists as Multidisciplinary Health Care Providers in the Management of CKD: A Joint Opinion by the Nephrology and Ambulatory Care Practice and Research Networks of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Am J Kidney Dis 2005; 45: 1105-1118.
Grabe DW, Garrison G. A Survey of Alternative Medicine Use in Adult Outpatients at a Primary Care or Nephrology Clinic. Ann Pharmacother 2004; 38(7-8): 1169-72.
Manley HJ, Grabe DW. Determination of iron sucrose (Venofer) or iron dextran (DexFerrum) removal by hemodialysis: an in-vitro study. BMC Nephrology 2004; 5(1):1-7.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Cardone KE, Grabe DG, Michaud-Sachs M. Would you or wouldn't you? Using script concordance-style questions to enhance clinical reasoning and online discussion. Online Learning Consortium Accelerate Conference, Orlando FL, November 2018.