In January 2018, ACPHS began development of its next Strategic Plan which will set the direction for the College for the next five years.
The strategic planning process was driven by input from students, faculty, and staff. Feedback was solicited across a series of platforms including town hall forums, online surveys, intra-departmental discussions, and campus-wide expos.
As part of the Strategic Planning process, the College reviewed and revised its mission, vision (now Vision Principles), and core values, the new versions of which are included on this page.
The Strategic Plan will be finalized in fall 2018 pending final review and approval by the ACPHS Board of Trustees.
We educate the next generation of leaders to improve the health of our society.
In place of a single vision statement, we have established four "Vision Principles" to chart the future of the College:
- We will be a college offering preeminent degree programs in the health sciences while maintaining pharmacy at its core. These programs will feature the integration of the basic, clinical, and population health sciences.
- We will be a small, independent college with high academic standards and will foster a physical and social environment that is student-centric.
- We will expand our scholarship endeavors to create new knowledge and enrich the student experience.
- We will educate students to be global citizens and prepare them for careers in the health professions and life sciences industries.
These are our core values and the characteristics embodied by each:
- Student Centered - Mutual respect; positive and engaging interactions; efficient student services; quality mentoring and advising; access to faculty and staff; holistic co-curricular activities; support services for personal and academic growth; first-class living and learning environment; career placement services; life-long connections and relationships
- Integrity - Honesty; trust; principles; accountability; responsibility; doing the right thing even when no one is looking; applies to on- and off-campus activities; we are all representatives of the college; always behaving in a way that reflects positively on yourself and the institution
- Respect - Recognition; provide environment with open channels for feedback; professional courtesy; demonstrating an appropriate level of behavior; exhibiting care, concern, and consideration of others
- Collaboration - Removing silos; institutional goals come first; openness; working harmoniously to strengthen and advance the college; incorporate a student focus; placing the institution first; trust; encouraging teamwork
- Community - Sense of belonging and purpose; inclusivity; shared sense of purpose; alignment; acceptance; sense of pride; affinity; identity; family; close-knit; spirit; care; compassion; empathy