2017 Instructional Design Symposium Wrap-Up
For the 2017 Instructional Design Symposium, Center for Innovative Learning staff transformed HAB222 into the Teaching Methods Test Kitchen. Master Chefs (Instructional Designers) and Guest Chefs (Provost’s Technology Award Recipients) delighted attendees with sixteen recipes at four deliciously-themed prep stations.
Attendees visited prep stations to collect information and ideas, then left with recipe cards for future reference.
In case you missed it (or you'd just like a refresher), you can watch recordings of the recipes presented during the symposium.
Expand the menus below to view presentations and recipes!
Master Chef: Judy Teng
Guest Chef: Daniel Smith
- Blackboard Efficiency Hacks (recipe card)
- Get Efficient with Blackboard Grader App (video, recipe card)
- Rewarding and Reminding Students with Brownie Points - Blackboard Retention Grading Center (video, recipe card)
- Getting Feedback with Google Forms (video, recipe card)
Master Chef: Tammy Garren
Guest Chefs: Eric Yager and Barry DeCoster
- Group Work - Debate (video, recipe card)
- Gaming with Kahoot! in the Classroom (video, recipe card)
- Discussion Leadership Project (recipe card)
- Infection! Board Game (recipe card)
Master Chef: Jennifer McVay-Dyche
Guest Chef: James Doyle
- Secret Sauce for Online Course Organization (video, recipe card)
- A Low-Cal but Satisfying Bb Collaborate Ultra Experience (video, recipe card)
- Easy Peasy Video Presentations Using Panopto (video, recipe card)
- Online Guided (Adaptive Release) Mini-Lecture with Multimedia (recipe card)
Master Chef: Maree Michaud-Sacks
Guest Chef: Katie Cardone
- Virtual Post-Its (video, recipe card)
- Virtual Office Hours (video, recipe card)
- Posting Video Announcements (video, recipe card)
- Multimedia Evidence-Based Discussion (recipe card)