- University of Wisconsin at Madison, M.S.P.H.
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Fellowship
- University of Cincinnati, Pharm.D.
- The Buffalo General Hospital, Residency
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S.
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Drug Information
- Pathophysiology, Therapeutics, Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry (PTP&M) – GI/Nutrition
- Ambulatory Care clerkship in Gastroenterology/Hepatology (Advance Pharmacy Practice Experience)
- Drug Policy Development clerkship (Advance Pharmacy Practice Experience)
- Co-Principal Investigators: Meek PD, Rosenberg M. Patterns of Utilization of Infliximab and Impact on Direct Medical and Indirect Costs in Individuals Diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Society of Actuaries. August 2007.
- Meek PD, Shah ND, Van Houten H, Gumustop B, Rosenberg M. Infliximab Therapy for Individuals with Crohn's Disease: Analysis of Health Care Utilization and Expenditures. [Online] 29 January 2009.
- Meek PD, Renaud-Mutart AC, Cosler LE. Chapter 14. Comparative Effectiveness. Health Economics and Outcomes Assessment. 1st edt. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Meek PD. Recent Concepts in the Treatment of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Pharmacotherapy Self-assessment Program. 4th edt. Kansas City, MO: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2003:71-97.
- Meek PD, Steinkellner A. Chapter 5. Use and evaluation of Pharmaceoconomics from the payers’ perspective. Introduction to Applied Pharmacoeconomics. Edited by F. Randy Vogenberg 2000:81-108
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND ABSTRACTS
Hoffman JM, Meek PD, Touchette DR, Vermeulen LC, Schumock GT. Transparent and reproducible reports of economic evaluations of clinical pharmacy services: a goal for the future? [Letter] Am J Health Syst Pharm 2009;66:442-443.
Perez A, Doloresco F, Hoffman JM, Meek PD, Touchette DR, Vermeulen LC, Schumock GT. Economic evaluations of clinical pharmacy services: 2001-2005.Pharmacotherapy 2008; 28(11):285e-323e.
Shah ND, Chitkara DK, Locke GR, Meek PD, Talley NJ. Ambulatory care for constipation in the United States, 1993-2004. Am J Gastroenterol 2008;103:1746-53.
Schumock GT, Butler MG, Meek PD, Vermeulen LC, Arondekar BV, Bauman JL. Evidence of the economic benefit of clinical pharmacy services: 1996-2000.Pharmacotherapy 2003;23:113-32.
Boissonnault WG, Meek PD. Risk factors for anti-inflammatory-drug- or aspirin-induced gastrointestinal complications in individuals receiving outpatient physical therapy services. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 2002;32:510-7.
Haas SA, Jehn LR, Meek PD. Regional variation in stroke mortality in Wisconsin, 1989-1998. WMJ 2002;101:28-31.
Elliott ME, Meek PD, Kanous NL, Schill GR, Weinswig PA, Bohlman JP, Zimpel CL, Jensen BC, Walters DR, Sutter SL, Peterson AN, Peterson RM, Binkley NC. Pharmacy-based bone mass measurement to assess osteoporosis risk. Ann Pharmacother2002;36:571-7.
Meek PD, Renaud-Mutart AC, Cosler LE. Electronic medical record use and warfarin drug-drug interactions during ambulatory visits in the United States, 2003-2006.Value Health 2009 May;12(3):A158. Presented at the 14th Annual International Meeting of the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, May 20, 2009, Orlando, FL.
Shah ND, Locke GR, Meek PD, Chitkara DK, Talley NJ. Ambulatory Care for Constipation in the United States, 1993-2004. Presented at the Annual Scientific Meeting of The American College of Gastroenterology, October 20- 25, 2006, Las Vegas, NV.
Meek PD, Rosenberg M, Shah ND, Gumustop B. Use of Infliximab for Ulcerative Colitis in the Pre-ACT I/II Era: An Analysis of Commercial Insurance Claims. Presented at Digestive Disease Week Meeting, May 24, 2006. Los Angeles, CA.
Meek PD, Shah ND, Rosenberg M, Van Houten HK. Comparing alternative propensity score methods: Measuring resource use after initiating infliximab treatment in Crohn’s disease. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making, October 17, 2006. Cambridge, MA.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Kane T, Boyd J, Obos L, Meek P. Raising the Bar for Student Performance in a 6-semester Pharmacy Skills Sequence. AACP Annual Meeting, Boston MA, July 21-23, 2018.