Focus: Geriatric Pharmacotherapy
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Speciality Residency (PGY-2), University of Maryland
- Pharm.D., St. John's University
- B.S. in Pharmacy, St. John’s University
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Professional Elective
- Neurology/Psychiatric PTPM
- Genitourinary PTPM
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy (APPE)
- Dr. Brodeur’s research interests include Geriatric Pharmacotherapy. He has an active clinical practice in geriatrics with a focus on the care of frail elders. He is specifically interested in anticholinergic drug burden, dementia and adverse drug reactions. Dr. Brodeur also conducts research in the field of pharmacy education with a focus on curricular development and assessment.
CLINICAL PRACTICE SITE
- Senior Care Clinical Pharmacist - The Eddy, NY
- New York State Licensed Pharmacist, 1998-present
- Maryland Licensed Pharmacist, 2000-present
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, 2001-present
- Pharmacist/Clinical Pharmacy Unit Leader: Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT) NY-2, National Medical Disaster Medical System, Department of Health and Human Services
Taggart A, Estus E, Boumeester C, Emptage R, Lee J, Mahan R, Slattum PW, Vouri SM, Brodeur MR, Niehoff KM, . Geriatric Pharmacy Curriculum Guide, 3rd Edition 2015. American Society of Consultant Pharmacists.
Meek PD, Brodeur MR. Palliative medicine issues- constipation /diarrhea. In Smith H (editor). The Art and Science of Palliative Medicine. 2015.
Brodeur MR. Respiratory Disorders in Geriatric. In Hutchinson Sleeper, ed.. Geriatric Pharmacotherapy an Evidence Based Approach 2nd Edition. 2015.
Brodeur MR, Bouwmeester C. Geriatrics. In: Soric MM, ed. Maximize Your Rotations: ASHP’s Student Guide to IPPEs, APPEs, and Beyond. 1st ed. Bethesda MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. 2013. 223-242.
Brodeur MR. Geriatric Urological Disorders. In: Alledrege BK, Corelli RL, Ernst ME, Guglielmo BJ, eds. Koda-Kimble & Young’s Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2012:2395-2416.
Zeolla MM, Brodeur MR, Dominelli A, Haines ST, Allie ND. Development and Validation of an Instrument to Determine Patient Knowledge: The Oral Anticoagulation Knowledge (OAK) Test. Ann Pharmacother 2006;40:633-638.