Focus: Geriatric Pharmacotherapy
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Speciality Residency (PGY-2), University of Maryland
- Pharm.D., St. John's University
- B.S. in Pharmacy, St. John’s University
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Professional Elective
- Neurology/Psychiatric PTPM
- Genitourinary PTPM
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy (APPE)
- Dr. Brodeur’s research interests include Geriatric Pharmacotherapy. He has an active clinical practice in geriatrics with a focus on the care of frail elders. He is specifically interested in anticholinergic drug burden, dementia and adverse drug reactions. Dr. Brodeur also conducts research in the field of pharmacy education with a focus on curricular development and assessment.
CLINICAL PRACTICE SITE
- Clinical Pharmacist Specializing in Geriatric Pharmacotherapy - The Eddy; Troy, NY
- New York State Licensed Pharmacist, 1998-present
- Maryland Licensed Pharmacist, 2000-present
- Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, 2001-present
- Pharmacist: Disaster Medical Assistance Team (DMAT) NY-2, National Medical Disaster Medical System, Department of Health and Human Services
- New York State Emergency Medical Technician, 1993-present
Davenport C, Brodeur M, Wolff M, Meek PD, Crnich CJ. Decisional Guidance Tool for Antibiotic Prescribing in the Skilled Nursing Facility. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020;68(1):55-61.
Pruyn S, Frey J, Baker B, Brodeur MR, Long H, Graichen C, Dailey M, Zheng H. Quality Assessment of Expired Naloxone Products from First-Responders' Supplies. Prehospital Emergency Care 2018;:1-7.
Persico A, Ngai K, Brodeur MR. Students' Perspectives on Nebulized Drugs and Nebulizer Maintenance. The Consultant Pharmacist. Consult Pharm. 2017 Sep 1;32(9):519-524. doi: 10.4140/TCP.n.2017.519.
Taggart A, Estus E, Boumeester C, Emptage R, Lee J, Mahan R, Slattum PW, Vouri SM, Brodeur MR, Niehoff KM, . Geriatric Pharmacy Curriculum Guide, 3rd Edition 2015. American Society of Consultant Pharmacists.
Meek PD, Brodeur MR. Palliative medicine issues- constipation /diarrhea. In Smith H (editor). The Art and Science of Palliative Medicine. 2015.
Brodeur MR. Respiratory Disorders in Geriatric. In Hutchinson Sleeper, ed.. Geriatric Pharmacotherapy an Evidence Based Approach 2nd Edition. 2015.
Brodeur MR, Bouwmeester C. Geriatrics. In: Soric MM, ed. Maximize Your Rotations: ASHP’s Student Guide to IPPEs, APPEs, and Beyond. 1st ed. Bethesda MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. 2013. 223-242.
Wolff ML, Kewley R, Hassett M, Collins J, Brodeur MR, Nokes S. Falls in Skilled Nursing Facilities Associated with Opioid Use (research letter). J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012 May;60(5):987.
Brodeur MR. Geriatric Urological Disorders. In: Alledrege BK, Corelli RL, Ernst ME, Guglielmo BJ, eds. Koda-Kimble & Young’s Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs. 10th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2012:2395-2416.
Zeolla MM, Brodeur MR, Dominelli A, Haines ST, Allie ND. Development and Validation of an Instrument to Determine Patient Knowledge: The Oral Anticoagulation Knowledge (OAK) Test. Ann Pharmacother 2006;40:633-638.
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Brodeur MR. Deprescribing Benzodiazepines - Have No Anxiety About It. American Society of Consultant Pharmacist 50th Annual Meeting. Dallas, Texas. November 9, 2019.
Brodeur MR. Timely Topics Deprescribing in Older Adults. Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development. October 3, 2019.
Brodeur MR. Polypharmacy and Deprescribing in Older Adults. Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) Maine Quality Counts Maine Medical Education Trust. June 27, 2019.
Brodeur MR. Update in Geriatric Pharmacotherapy: A Focus on Deprescribing. Explore Aging Conference, SUNY Plattsburg/University of Vermont Health Network. October 9, 2018.
Brodeur MR. Medications and Falls. New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists Northeast Chapter. September 28, 2017.
Brodeur MR. Deprescribing. Capital Area Pharmacist Society. September 14, 2017.
Brodeur MR. Polypharmacy and Falls. Geriatrics Medicine Symposium. Office of Postgraduate Education. Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. March 16, 2017.
Troen B. Brodeur MR. Falls and Their Prevention: A Geriatrics and Pharmacological Imperative Fall Risk Identification and Intervention for the Community-Dwelling Older Adult. Public Health Live, SUNY School of Public Health. October 20, 2016. Via webcast: http://www.albany.edu/sph/cphce/phl.shtml
Brodeur MR, Pill Pruning- The Art and Science of Deprescribing. Office of Postgraduate Education. Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. June 8, 2016.
Brodeur MR, Pain Management in an Era of Uncertainty. Pharmacist Society of the State of New York (PSSNY). 2016 Mid-Winter Meeting. Saratoga, NY. January 30, 2016.