Dean, School of Graduate Studies
Focus: Drug Development
Martha A. Hass, PH.D.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Organic Chemistry I & II
- Seminar I & II
- Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques I
- Our lab works on the synthesis of novel co-drugs aimed at treating skin diseases, the development of stable topical formulations for these compounds, assessment of penetration and accumulation of topical experimental drugs in skin (using an ex vivo skin model) and evaluating efficacy using in vitro assays.
- Dr. Hass was awarded a three year research grant in 2011 from the National Institutes of Health to develop a series of chemical compounds that could prove instrumental in limiting the harmful effects of the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays.
EXPAND FOR MORE INFO
- Thomas, S.; Vieira, C.S.; Lopes, L.B.; Hass, M.A. Stability, cutaneous delivery and antioxidant potential of a lipoic acid and tocopherol co-drug incorporated in nanodipersed systems. J Pharm Sci. 2014 103 (8):2530-8.
- Cichewicz, A.; Pacleb, C; Connors, A.; Hass, M.A.; Lopes, L.B. Cutaneous co-localization of α-tocopherol and lipoic acid using microemulsions: influence of composition and charge. J.Pharm and Pharmacol. 26 FEB 2013. DOI: 10.1111/jphp.12045.
- Yao, X; Dai, Y.; Johnson, A.; Feleder, C.; Hass, M.A. Determination of Prostaglandin Profiles in LPS-Challenged Guinea Pig Spleen, Biomed. Chromatography, 27(3):284-91, 2013.
- Pepe, D.; Phelps, J.; Lewis, K.; DuJack, J.; Scarlett, K.; Jahan, S.; Bonnier,E.;Milic-Pasetto,T.; Hass, M.A.; Lopes, L. B. Decylglucoside-based microemulsions for cutaneous localization of lycopene and ascorbic acid., Int. J. Pharm. 434 420– 428, 2012.
- Lopes, L.B.; Vanderwall, H.; Li, H.T.; Venugopal, V.; Li, H.K.; Naydin, S.; Hosmer, J.; Bentley, M.V.L.B.; Levendusky, M.; Hass, M.A.; Levin, R.; Zheng, H. Enhancement of Topical Devlivery of Lycopene Using Microemulsions. J. Pharm Sci. 99(3) 1346-57, 2010.
- Hass, MA and Moon, D. “Natural Products” in Pharmacy Practice for Technicians, 3rd edition. Hanan, Z. I. and Dugan, J.M, eds., Thomson Delmar Learning: Clifton Park, NY, 2004.
- Hass, M..A. and Levin, R.M. “The Role of Lipids and Lipid Metabolites in Urinary Bladder Dysfunction Induced by Partial Outlet Obstruction” in Bladder Disease: Research Concepts and Applications, Atala, A. and Slade, D., eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004.
- Hass, MA; Levin RM. The Role of Lipids and Lipid Metabolites in Urinary Bladder Dysfunction Induced by Partial Outlet Obstruction. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2003; 539 (Pt A0:217-37).
- Levin, RM; Chichester, P; Hass, MA; Gosling, JA; Buttyan, R. Obstructive Bladder Dysfunction: Morphological, Biochemical and Molecular Changes. Eur. Urol. Suppl 2002, 14-20.