Each accredited institution of higher learning is required to periodically undergo a review by its accrediting agency. This review typically includes a rigorous self-study and feedback from peer institutions.
For ACPHS, our institution-wide accreditation is provided by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. During the last Middle States review which culminated in 2010, the College received the then maximum 10-year reaccreditation.
The process to extend our accreditation began in February 2018 and will continue through spring 2020 per the below timeline. In spring 2018, the College completed the Self-Study Design. This document will serve as the blueprint for the entire Self-Study process, including the final Self-Study Report. It will guide the efforts of the Steering Committee and Working Groups as they engage in discussions, inquiry, and report preparation.
The reaccreditation process will be a true community-wide initiative, and it is the Steering Committee who will drive this effort in close collaboration with the working groups.
The Steering Committee members are:
- Dave Clarke (Co-Chair) - Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences
- Sue Iwanowicz (Co-Chair) - Director of Library Services
- Nick Balk - Director of Admissions
- Vaishali Jahagirdar - Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Nicole Lodise - Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Mike Racz - Associate Professor, Department of Basic and Clinical Sciences
Below is the list of Self-Study Working Groups and Group Leaders. The focus of each group aligns with one of the seven standards for accreditation as outlined by Middle States.
- Mission and Goals - Martha Hass, Associate Professor and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Ethics and Integrity - Peter Cornish, Director of Counseling and Wellness, Division of Student Affairs
- Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience - Michael Pittman, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Humanities and Communication
- Support of the Student Experience - Luke Schmonsky, Director of Center for Student Success, Division of Student Affairs
- Educational Effectiveness Assessment - Aimee Strang, Assistant Dean for Curricular Assessment and Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement - Lisa Fiori, Comptroller, Department of Finance
- Governance, Leadership and Administration - Jeff Voigt, Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The above-listed groups will be assisted by two additional working groups:
- Compliance Report - Tiffany Gutierrez, Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Evidence Inventory Management - Kate Wantuch, Systems and Metadata Librarian
Click the following link to view the memberships of each of the Self-Study Work Groups.
The below timeline provides an overview of the key milestones during the Self-Study process.
|Creation of the Self-Study Design document||Feb. - April 2018|
|Evidence Inventory Development||April - Sept. 2018|
|Working Group analysis of data and drafting of Self-Study report||Sept. 2018 - Feb. 2019|
|Community review and revisions of draft report||March - May 2019|
|Submission of final Self-Study report to MSCHE||Fall 2019|
|Self-Study Site Visit||Spring 2020|