Time: 8:30 am - 4:45 pm
Location: Gozzo Student Center (ACPHS Campus)
Credits: 6 contact hours of live continuing education
Identify and explore the key medical, legal and ethical issues involved in the use and abuse of prescription opioids in New York State. Programs include:
- The Crisis in Perspective
- Developments in the Legal and Professional Standards of Care to Prevent Opioid Abuse
- An Interdisciplinary Team Approach to Safely and Effectively Treat Chronic Pain and Reduce the Potential for Opioid Abuse
- Opioids and the Elderly: The Potential for Abuse and Victimization
- NYS Statutory and Regulatory Response to the Prescription Opioid Epidemic
- Ethical Issues in Treatment of Pain in the Context of the Opioid Abuse Crisis
- Opioid Induced Respiratory Depression and In-home Naloxone Use
- A Mock Ethics Consultation
ACPHS LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The ACPHS Learning Management System (LMS) manages all phases of the continuing education program - from registration through completion of evaluations - with secure, hosted software.
Our LMS provides program participants with the ability to create and manage their own accounts, complete activities, and print certificates of attendance.
* * * ALL ACPHS program participants must create a personal LMS account. * * *
In order to create a personal LMS account, you will need your NABP #, your MM/DD of birth, and the name and address of your practice site if you are a preceptor.
You will then be able to register, receive your handouts, complete program evaluations and learning assessments all in one place. As soon as you have completed all activity requirements, your credits will automatically be submitted to CPE Monitor.
To establish your account ...
- Log on to the ACPHS Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) System.
- Click the ACPHS LMS Account Setup Instructions for step by step directions.
- Click the ACPHS LMS Evaluation Instructions for directions on how to complete evaluations at the end of a CE Program.
REGISTRATION AND HANDOUT POLICY
Program registrations are now being accepted through the ACPHS Learning Management System only, and on-site registrations will no longer be accepted.
Speaker handouts will be e-mailed prior to the date of the Continuing Pharmacy Education Activity that you registered to attend. All participants are welcome to bring their laptops or tablets and use the College's guest wireless network to view the speaker handouts. We will no longer have printed copies available at registration.
CPE MONITOR AND STATEMENTS OF CREDIT
CPE Monitor is a national, collaborative effort by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) to provide an electronic system for pharmacists to keep track of their completed continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credits.
It also offers state boards of pharmacy the opportunity to electronically authenticate the CPE units completed by their licensees rather than requiring submission of proof of statements of credit upon request or completing random audits. You will be able to print your statements of credit through your NABP account or the ACPHS Learning Management System.
The Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development does not print or mail our program brochures. All brochures are sent via e-mail. If you would like to be added to our e-mail list, please e-mail Lori Kline or phone her at 518-694-7231.
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.