PRIMARY ACADEMIC APPOINTMENT - Department of Population Health Sciences
SECONDARY ACADEMIC APPOINTMENT - Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ph.D. in South and Southeast Asian Studies, University of California at Berkeley
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Suicide and Madness and/as Literature
- Changing Images of Asia
- The Short Story
- Humanities I, II, III
- Health Care and Human Values
- Principles of Communication
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Named ACPHS Teacher of the Year in 2005-06 and 2007-08
- Selected to deliver the Faculty Charge to the Graduates at the 2011 Commencement ceremony
- South and Southeast Asian literature, history and politics, translations of Malay-Indonesian literature into English, bioethics in the developing world.
SELECTED BOOKS AND PUBLICATIONS
Polimeni, John M., R. Chandrasekara, and S. Mel. The Economic Growth, Environment, Public Health Connection: An Ecological Economic Case Study of the Impact of the Yali Falls Dam on Cambodia. Linus Publications, Inc., 2011.
Stories from Jakarta (trans. by Nusantara Translation Group). Pramoedya Ananta Toer. Introduced by Benedict Anderson. SEA Press, Cornell University, Ithaca New York, 1999.
Magical Selves: Anthology of Malay Women Writers (1930-1990). Translated, Edited and with an introduction by Ray Chandrasekara. Forward by Christine Campbell. SEA Press, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York.
Water, Development, and State Security in South Asia: Scenarios for China and India. Reconstruction: Studies in Contemporary Culture 6.3, 2006.