- Primary Care Specialty Residency, University of Rhode Island and Coastal Medical, Inc.
- Pharm.D., Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Pharmacist Assisted Tobacco Cessation Elective
- Genitourinary PTPM (Pharmacotherapeutics, Pharmacology, and Medicinal Chemistry) Women’s Health Module
- The Pharmacist’s Role in Self Care (Women’s Health Topics and Tobacco Cessation)
- Guest Lecturing in Elective Courses (Women’s Health Topics and Tobacco Cessation)
- Women’s Health/Tobacco Cessation Ambulatory Care APPE
- Pharmacy Education Elective APPE
- Women’s Health Module in Pharmacotherapy III
- Summer Session Seminar I, II
- Introduction to Drug Related Problems and Self Care topics in Pharmacotherapy I
- Seminar II and Recitation
- Dr. Stack Lodise’s primary research activities focus on Tobacco Cessation and Women’s health issues with emphasis on the use of over the counter medications in an obstetric population, implications of tobacco cessation counseling from a patient and pharmacist’s perspective, the public health importance of tobacco cessation education in addition to ongoing educational research.
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Named “Pharmacist of the Year” (2008) by the New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists.
- Board of Directors, Director of Pharmacy Practice, New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists - 2008- 2012
- Past President, New York State Chapter of American Colleges of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) - 2006-2008
- Past President, Northeastern Chapter of New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists (NENYSCHP) - 2004-2007
- National Pharmacy Partnership for Tobacco Cessation - Member since 2006
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA) - Member since 1997
- Pharmacists Society of the State of New York (PSSNY) - Member since 2001
- American Colleges of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) - Member since 2001
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Member since 2003
- Chair, Resolutions Committee - 2006- 2008
- Faculty Delegate- 2007-2009
- Member, Pharmacy Practice Section Faculty Development Committee - 2011- 2012
Griffin BL, Stone R, El-Ibiary S, Westberg S, Shealy K, Forinash A, Yancy A, Vest K, Karaoui L, Rafie S, Horlen C, Lodise NM, Cieri- Hutcherson N, McBane S, Simonyan A. Guide for Drug Selection During Pregnancy and Lactation: What Pharmacists Need to Know for Current Practice. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2018.
Murphy JE, Liles AM, Bingham AL, Chamberlin KW, Dang DK, Hill LG, Lee M, Leonard A, Lodise NM, Rogers E. Interprofessional education: Principles and application. An update from the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy 2018.
Conferences and Presentations
Hudmon K, Lodise NM, Allard I, Vis G, Pohl H, Frenz H, Vitale F, Corelli R. A Hybrid Learning Approach for Tobacco Cessation Counseling Training. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting, Boston MA, July 2018. (Poster Presentation).
McIntosh J, Rafie S, Wasik M, McBane S, Lodise NM, El-Ibiary S, Forinash A, Djuric-Kachlic M, Rowe E, Besinque K. Changing Oral Contraceptives from Prescription to Over-the-Counter Status: An Opinion Paper of the Women’s Health Practice and Research Network of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Pharmacotherapy 2011:31(4).
Manley HJ and Stack NM. Smoking Cessation Therapy Considerations for Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. Nephrology Nursing Journal July-August 2008; 35 (4).
Stack NM. Smoking cessation: an overview of treatment options with a focus on Varenicline. Pharmacotherapy 2007; 27 (11): 1550-1557.
Stack NM and Zillich AJ. Implementation of inpatient and outpatient tobacco cessation programs. Am J Heath-Syst Pharm Oct 1 2007; 64: 2074-2079.
Stack NM and Rudd KM. Advanced pharmacy practice for new practitioners. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 15 June 2006; 63 (12): 1126- 1127.
Rudd KM and Stack NM. Cultural competency for new practitioners. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 15 May 2006; 63 (10): 912- 913.
Lodise NM, Shimp LA. Vaginal and Vulvovaginal Disorders. In: Berardi RR, Kroon LA, McDermott JH, Newton GD, eds. Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs: An Interactive Approach to Self-Care. 16th edition. American Pharmacists Association, 2009.
Stack NM, Shimp LA. Vaginal and Vulvovaginal Disorders. In: Berardi RR, Kroon LA, McDermott JH, Newton GD, eds. Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs: An Interactive Approach to Self-Care. 15th edition. American Pharmacists Association, 2006.
Grassi M, Blustein L, Cerulli J, Denio J, Dugan S, Lodise N, McGraw P, McArdle R, Policastro C, Schallehn B. “Student-Driven Initiative for Substance Abuse Prevention.” American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, July 2008.
Stack NM, Patel NX, Dugan SE. “Impact of Clinical Elective Coursework on Student Pharmacists’ Attitudes Towards Patient Care Services.” AACP Annual Meeting Orlando, FL, July 2007.
Stack NM, Zeolla MM, Scarpace, SL, Brodeur MR, Grabe DW. “Collaborative development of a longitudinal patient case in a team-taught introductory pharmacotherapy module.” Poster presentation at the AACP Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, July 2006.
Rudd KM, Stack NM. “The Prevalence of Cultural Competency Training at Schools and Colleges of Pharmacy.” Poster Presentation, ACCP Spring Practice and Research Forum, Monterey, CA, April 2006.
Stack NM. Veille JC. “Assessment of the frequency of use and types of over the counter (OTC) medications in an ambulatory obstetric population.” Poster Presentation, Research in Progress, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada, December 2005.
Bruce SP, Brodeur MR, Stack NM, Strang AF, Zeolla MM. “Revising small group active learning sessions to enhance student knowledge of Pharmacotherapy.” Encore Poster Presentation, American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, October 2005.
Bruce SP, Brodeur MR, Stack NM, Strang AF, Zeolla MM. “Revising small group active learning sessions to enhance student knowledge of Pharmacotherapy.” Poster Presentation, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, July 2005.
Stack NM and Melbourne KM. “Impact of a Diabetes Collaborative Care Pilot Program on Patient Outcomes.” Poster Presentation, ACCP Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas, October 2004
- American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (2005-present)
- Pharmacotherapy (2003-present)
- Journal of the American Pharmacists Association (2009-present)
- Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management (2009-present)
- The Management of Substance-use Disorders in Women. In: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Women’s Health Across the Lifespan: A Pharmacotherapeutic Approach (2008)
- University Health-System Consortium (UHC)/Novation Drug Monograph Series- Smoking Cessation Monograph (2007)