Focus: Ambulatory Care/Primary Care
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Pharm.D., Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, NY
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
- APhA Pharmacist and Patient-Centered Diabetes Care
- APhA Delivering Medication Therapy Management
- APhA Pharmacy Based Immunization Delivery
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Integrated Problem Solving Workshop VI - Coordinator, Facilitator
- Pharmacy Skills Lab V - Facilitator
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience – Preceptor
- Primary care and preventative medicine
- Improvement in quality of care
- Expanding pharmacist role in ambulatory care services
- Community Care Physicians
- CapitalCare Internal Medicine Nott Street
- CapitalCare Family Practice Guilderland
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- New Preceptor of the Year Award (2017)
Wilson L, Myrka A, Watson A, Guay, K. Meeting the MIPS Challenge: A Conversation about Strategies to Address the Opioid Crisis. IPRO, October 2018 (webinar).
Wilson L, Myrka A, Watson A. Meeting the MIPS Challenge: A Conversation about Anticoagulant Management Best Practices. IPRO, April 2018 (webinar).
Watson A. The Latest in Hypertension and Lipid Management. Continuing Pharmacy Education, ACPHS, Albany NY, June 2018.
Watson A, Guay K, Ribis D. Warfarin Management Training.
Wilson L, Myrka A, Watson A. Meeting the MIPS Challenge: A Conversation about Anticoagulant Management Best Practices. Webinar. IPRO. April 2018.
Watson A. Geriatric Pharmacology – High Risk Medications. Continuing Medical Education Webinar, Enduring Material – 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. CapitalCare Medical Group/Albany Medical College, Albany, NY. August 2017.
Watson A. Updates in Diabetes. Continuing Medical Education Webinar, Enduring Material – 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. CapitalCare Medical Group/Albany Medical College, Albany, NY. August 2017.
Watson A. Update in Diabetes Medications and Their Place in Therapy. Continuing Pharmacy Education. New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists – Northeastern Chapter Meeting, Albany, NY, February 2017.
Watson A. Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) Leading Innovation, Inspiring Engagement. New York Region Full Day Learning Session, October 2016 (panelist).
Braungart C, Watson A, Rubin R. The effects of interprofessional collaboration on Nurse Managed Warfarin Program. Journal of Interprofessional Education and Practice, September 2018.
Cleary J, Watson A. Review of Naloxone Products, Patient Candidacy, and Legislation for Pharmacists. NYS Pharmacist. August 2017.
DeRue G, Watson A, Morin C, Guay K, Ribis D. The Impact of Collaborative Pharmacy Care on Medication Adherence. American Managed Care Pharmacy NEXUS Conference. September 2017.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- American Society of Health Systems Pharmacy (ASHP)
- New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists (NYSCHP)
- Northeastern Chapter Treasurer (2018-2019)
- Northeastern Chapter Secretary (2017-2018)
- Pharmacist Society of the State of New York (PSSNY)