Congratulations Graduates and Families!
The 141st Commencement of Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences will take place on Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs, New York. This is the fifth year that both our New York and Vermont campuses will be celebrating graduation together. If you have any questions regarding Commencement, please contact Patty Tompkins, Events Manager, at 518.694.7123 or email@example.com. Please periodically check back to the website for additional changes.
Time and Date
Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC)
108 Avenue of the Pines Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Graduate Commencement Status:
If you have any questions about your academic status, please contact Jeff Dufour, Registrar, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit http://www.spac.org/venue/directions-parking for directions and venue parking information.
When to Arrive at Commencement
PLEASE NOTE: We know how important this day is for all of our graduates. There are many aspects of this year’s commencement that will be different than previous commencements due to the pandemic. We will need everyone’s understanding and cooperation to ensure we are following all state and CDC guidelines so we can keep everyone safe. Face coverings will be mandatory for all attendees. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Before commencement, each graduate will be contacted with information regarding which lot to park in. This will directly correlate to where your seats are in the amphitheater and will dictate how you enter the park and how you depart from the park. Graduates will be given an arrival time to check in and pick up three tickets. To be fair, this will be done by a lottery system so where your guests land in the alphabet will not be a concern. There will be one ticket for the graduate and two for their guests. Graduates will also receive their name card and any cords if applicable. Seats will be assigned for both the graduate and their guests and will be strictly enforced. If you are planning on NOT attending commencement, you will not be issued guest tickets. Everyone will be asked to locate their seat and remain there except for the use of the restrooms. Walking about the amphitheater will not be allowed.
Where to Report When Arriving to Venue
Students and their guests will check in at their respective gates, receive their tickets, provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID test. (Additional information regarding testing is below.) and proceed directly to their assigned seats.
FAQ COVID testing and vaccination:
What are the COVID testing requirements for commencement at SPAC?
- In order to gain entry into SPAC for ACPHS commencement an individual must complete one of the following: Have received a COVID - negative PCR result within 72 hours of entry; valid until midnight on the third day after a test.
- Have received a COVID - negative Rapid antigen result within 6 hours of entry; valid for 6 hours after your test
- Be greater than 2-weeks time from completing a full COVID vaccination dosing series; valid for 90 days after vaccination is completed.
If I am vaccinated can I gain entry at SPAC for graduation?
- Yes, if you are greater than two weeks from your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccination or greater than two weeks from your single Johnson & Johnson vaccination, you will be allowed entry into SPAC
Where will I need to show my information to enter SPAC at commencement?
- Upon arrival at the gate, you will need to show your tickets for entry, your completed Daily Screener (green checkmark), and proof of completed testing or vaccination.
What documentation is required to provide proof of testing or vaccination? Proof of testing or vaccination can be demonstrated by:
- A completed COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card from CDC, clearly stating patient complete name, date of birth, vaccination dates and vaccine manufacturer.
- A completed COVID-19 Testing result that documents complete patient name, date of birth, testing date and time, testing type either PCR or Rapid Antigen test.
Can I use the Excelsior Pass to provide proof of vaccination or testing?
Yes, the Pass can be utilized by any individual that has been tested or vaccinated in New York State.
If I am not a New York State resident, can I still use the Excelsior Pass for entry?
If you were tested or vaccinated in New York State than you may use the Excelsior Pass to provide proof for commencement entry.
If I have not been vaccinated or I have not obtained a COVID test on the morning of commencement, how can I enter for commencement?
- You may visit a local site for COVID testing, visit the links below:
- We do not guarantee testing will be available but only offer these locations as a possible option for testing on the morning of commencement.
If I have tested COVID-positive in the last 90-days and have completed quarantine, how can I enter for commencement?
- You must provide proof of COVID-positive testing result that documents complete patient name, date of birth, testing date.
Can I test on campus before commencement?
- Due to the time requirements for testing and the anticipated volume of tests needed by all participants, we are unable to complete testing on campus
Will I need to have answered my daily screener questions for entry into SPAC on the day of commencement?
Yes, students will be expected to complete their daily screener obtaining a green checkmark in order to enter SPAC for commencement. You will be required to show the “green checkmark” at the gate for entry.
Can I enter SPAC for Commencement if I don’t complete the daily screener using ShareMy.Health or do not have access to the screener site?
Yes, all individuals will be asked the same questions found in the daily screener. You will be required to answer those questions at the gate in order to enter the event.
Diplomas will be mailed to the graduate to the address provided on the graduation application
Please keep in mind that, while seats are under an amphitheater, this is an outdoor venue. Inclement weather should be considered.
Concession stands will not be open for purchase of snacks and drinks and no drinks or food will be allowed in the amphitheater.
Length of Ceremony
Commencement will run approximately 2.5 hours. The ceremony will also be live streamed for those who can not be in attendance. A link will be sent to graduates at their ACPHS e-mail address before the event.
Graduates are expected to dress professionally and be in full regalia (including hoods for Pharm.D.) when entering SPAC for Commencement.
Ordering Regalia (Cap and Gown) and Announcements
An e-mail with detailed instructions has been sent to Graduates directly from the Bookstore. Order deadline is April 19, 2021. It is critical that Graduates place their order by the deadline to make sure their regalia will be here for Commencement.
A professional photographer will be on hand during Commencement. Photos will be available following the ceremony. Please check your ACPHS e-mail for information on photos after Commencement.
ACPHS is proud to welcome the Class of 2021 into the alumni community. If you have any questions regarding alumni activities, benefits, events, opportunities and ways to stay connected and support ACPHS, please email email@example.com.