Focus: Internal Medicine/Infectious Disease
Monique Bidell, PHARM.D., BCPS
- PGY-2 Infectious Diseases residency at the University of Chicago Medicine in Chicago, IL
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA
- Pharm.D. from Northeastern University in Boston, MA
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- PTPM Infectious Diseases module
- Integrated Problem Solving Workshops 4, 5 and 6
- Antimicrobial safety, focus on fluoroquinolones
- Urinary tract infections
- Martirosov DM, Bidell MR, Pai MP, Scheetz MH, Rosenkranz SL, Lodise TP. Relationship between vancomycin exposure and outcomes among patients with MRSA bloodstream infections with vancomycin Etest® MIC values of 1.5mg/L: A pilot study. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017 Jul;88(3):259-263.
- Bidell MR, Opraseuth MP, Yoon M, Mohr J, Lodise TP. Effect of prior receipt of antibiotics on the pathogen distribution and antibiotic resistance profile of key Gram-negative pathogens among patients with hospital-onset urinary tract infections. BMC Infect Dis 2017;17(1):176.
- Bidell MR, McLaughlin M, Faragon J, Morse C, Patel N. Desirable Characteristics of Hepatitis C Treatment Regimens: A Review of What We Have and What We Need. Infect Dis Ther 2016 Jul 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lodise TP, Bidell MR, Flanagan SD, Zasowski EJ, Minassian SL, Prokocimer P. Characterization of the haematological profile of 21 days of tedizolid in healthy subjects. J Antimicrob Chemother 2016 Jun 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bidell MR, Lodise TP. Fluoroquinolone-Associated Tendinopathy: Does Levofloxacin Pose the Greatest Risk? Pharmacotherapy 2016 May 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bidell MR, Palchak M, Mohr J, Lodise TP. Fluoroquinolone and Third-Generation Cephalosporin Resistance among Hospitalized Patients with Urinary Tract Infections Due to Escherichia coli: Do Rates Vary by Hospital Characteristics and Geographic Region? Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2016 Apr 22;60(5):3170-3.
- Dr. Bidell serves as preceptor for an APPE rotation in Internal Medicine at St. Peter’s Hospital in Albany, NY. She also precepts in the PGY-1 pharmacy residency program.
PREVIOUS POSITIONS OR APPOINTMENTS
- Adjunct faculty at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Boston, MA
- Guest didactic lecturer at Chicago State University in Chicago, IL