Focus: Compounding/Pharmacy History
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- B.S. in Life Sciences/Human Genetics, University of Illinois
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Pharmacy Skills Courses 1, 2 and 6
Mrs. Obos' research focuses on the history of pharmacy. Her particular areas of interest include the preservation of pharmacy artifacts and documents, ancient to mid-20th century pharmaceutical formulations and compounding techniques, educational requirements for pharmacists throughout the 18th and 19th-centuries, and recording oral histories of pharmacy practice during the 20th century. In addition to her role as an instructor, she serves as the curator of the College's Throop Pharmacy Museum.
- Obos L. & Reed M. "Pharmaceutical Calculations," Pharmacy Practice for Technicians,4th edition, 2009 and 5th edition 2015.
- Obos, Lee Anna S. “Throop Pharmacy Museum,” Apothecary’s Cabinet 5: 7-9, 2002.
- Craft and Quilt Club “Advisor of the Year” (2006) and “Club of the Year” (2010)
- “Outstanding Service to the Profession of Pharmacy Award” from Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (2006)
- “Certificate of Commendation” from the American Institute of the History of Pharmacy for dedicated service as curator of the Throop Pharmacy Museum and contributions to the field of the history of pharmacy (2003)
CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Kane T, Boyd J, Obos L, Meek P. Raising the Bar for Student Performance in a 6-semester Pharmacy Skills Sequence. AACP Annual Meeting, Boston MA, July 21-23, 2018.