Kimberly A. Skylstad, PHARM.D., MPH
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Pharm.D., Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- MPH, SUNY School of Public Health
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Pharmacy Skills III and IV
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) Ambulatory Care
- Dr. Skylstad’s research interests focus on improving patient outcomes through the provision of pharmaceutical care. She has studied several interventions in various patient populations including the elderly and mentally ill. She is also interested in studying the impact of the use of technology in the classroom and lab on student outcomes.
- Garren, TL, Skylstad KA. Scaffolded online learning modules for milliequivalency and milliosmolarity. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, Volume 8, Issue 3, 316-322.
- Van Der Pol C, Setter SM, Hunter KA, Pamituan H. Depression in community-dwelling elders. Postgraduate Medicine 1998;103:165-74.
- Hunter KA, Florio E, Langberg RG. Pharmaceutical care for home-dwelling elderly persons: a determination of need and program description. The Gerontologist 1996:543-8.
- Hunter KA. Learning opportunities for pharmacy students in the community. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 1995;59:371-374.
- Provost Technology Award ACPHS Co-Investigator - Aseptic Technique Training Intramural Grant $7,500 (2014)
- Outstanding Research Award - SUNY School of Public Health (2000)
- WSSHP Distinguished Service Award - WSSHP Annual Seminar, Spokane, WA (1996)
- Faculty Mentor Award for G.D. Searle Fellowships in Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Care in the Ambulatory Setting, Stephen M. Setter, Author (1995)
- Teacher of the Year - Washington State University College of Pharmacy