Thursday, December 6, 2018
11:00 am - 6:30 pm
ACPHS is proud to be the host for the American Society for Microbiology Student Chapter for Eastern NY's annual Trainee Symposium; the event will include a poster session, talks from selected abstracts, and a keynote presentation.
Walk-ins are welcome on the day of the event, but extra lunches will be distributed on a first come-first served basis.
11:00-11:30 am - Registration, Set up Posters (HAB 222)
11:30 - 1:45 - Poster Session and Lunch
- 11:30-12:15 pm - Poster Viewing Odds, Visit Exhibitors
- 12:15-1:00 pm - Lunch (HAB 222)
- 1:00-1:45 pm - Poster Viewing Events, Visit Exhibitors
2:00 - 3:20 pm - Talks Selected from Abstracts (HAB 222)
- 2:00-2:15 pm - Smruti Mishra, ACPHS: “Genetic Basis for Daptomycin Resistance in Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus”
- 2:15-2:35 pm - Nicole Nelson, Albany Medical Center: “Mechanisms involved in dendritic cell maturation by monoclonal antibody–inactivated Francisella tularensis immune complexes”
- 2:35-2:55 pm - Ryan Schneider, University at Albany, Wadsworth Center: “Induction of the SOS DNA Repair Response in Mycobacterium tuberculosis is Delayed in Hypoxia”
- 2:55-3:20 pm - Timothy F. Czajka, University at Albany, Wadsworth Center: “Intracellular Neutralization of Ricin’s A Chain with Single Chain Antibodies”
3:30 - 5:00 pm - Keynote (HAB 222)
- 3:30-4:00 pm - Meet and Greet with Speakers
- 4:00-5:00 pm - Keynote Speaker Ilhem Messaoudi-Powers PhD, UC Irvine "Ebola Virus; From Mechanisms of Disease to Vaccination Strategies.
5:00 - 6:30 pm - Mixer (Gozzo Student Center, Rite Aid Lounge)