Focus: Pediatric Pharmacotherapy
- Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Residency, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy & Cooper University Hospital
- Pharm.D., Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
COURSES TAUGHT AT ACPHS
- Pediatric Pharmacy Practice
- Integrated Problem Solving Workshops VI
- Jurisprudence - Vermont
- Pharmacotherapy/Pharmacology/Medicinal Chemistry – Neuro-Psychiatric Disorders module
- Pharmacotherapy/Pharmacology/Medicinal Chemistry - Respiratory Diseases
- Neonatal Critical Care Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience
PRACTICE AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
- The achievement of the highest quality drug therapy for infant and child patients in both the acute and ambulatory settings through the provision of patient-centered care, collaboration with other members of the patient’s interdisciplinary healthcare team, and education. Particular areas of interest include pediatric and neonatal critical care and behavioral medicine.
Cowles BJ. Update on the management of ADHD in children and adults: patient considerations and the role of lisdexamfetamine. Ther Clin Risk Manag 2009; 5:943-948.
Cowles BJ. Lisdexamfetamine for treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2009; 43:669-76.
Lee BR, Lubsch L, Cowles B, Gatlin L. Position statement on antidepressant use in children. Prepared for the Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group. July 23, 2009.
Cowles B. Preventing medication errors and harm in children. In: Ferri FF, editor. Ferri’s clinical advisor, 2012 edition. St Louis: Mosby Inc.
Cowles B. Does melatonin improve sleep in children? Pharmacy Today 2008; 14(3):22.
Orr KK, Matson KL, Cowles B. Nonprescription medication use by infants and children: product labeling vs. evidence-based medicine. Journal of Pharmacy Practice2006; 19:286-294