Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences hosted its inaugural Albany Community Health Day (formerly the ACPHS Health & Wellness Expo) on Saturday, September 24, 2016 at the Capital South Campus Center at 20 Warren Street in Albany.
The Capital South Campus Center is also home to College Parkside Pharmacy, the school's own student operated pharmacy. The pharmacy opened in January 2017.
Plans are underway for the 2017 Community Health Day. Additional details will be added to this page once they are finalized. Below is a list of services and activities from last year's Health Day. A comparable list of offerings is expected for next year's event.
HEALTH DAY SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
- Flu Shots
- Health Screenings and Assessments
- Asthma screening
- Depression and anxiety screenings
- Diabetes screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Hearing and speech screenings
- HIV screening
- Kidney disease risk assessment
- Breast cancer risk assessment
- Education Sessions
- Medicare Part D education and enrollment
- Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) program
- Fresh juice samples
- Apple tasting station
- Create your own trail mix
- Hummus tasting
- Family yoga and zumba instruction
- Obstacle course
- Dance session
- Healthy Food
- Farmer’s market
- Healthy food samples
If you are interested in attending, sponsoring, or showcasing your services at this year's event, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at (518) 694-7393 or HealthDay@acphs.edu.