Public Safety services for the ACPHS Vermont Campus are coordinated by University Heights Association’s Office of Public Safety (in Albany) and provided on site by the Hunter North Associates.
In an emergency, Public Safety may be reached at 518‐244‐3177. Non‐emergency calls can be made to 518‐274‐5511 or 518‐244‐4741.
Hunter North Associates provides uniformed security personnel on the following schedule:
- Monday Thursday - 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Friday - 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Saturday - Noon to 6:00 pm
- Sunday - Noon to 10:00 pm
Services provided by Hunter North Associates include: preventative patrol by foot; emergency response; crisis management; law enforcement; incident reporting and Clery Act reporting; investigations; medical emergency response; traffic control and parking enforcement; crime prevention awareness and training; and liaison with public safety agencies.
Public Safety officers are security guards licensed by the State of Vermont. They are trained to the standards and requirements set by the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation, Board of Private Investigative and Security Services.
The security staff are assisted by technologies that are intended to enhance the safety and security of students, faculty, and staff across all of the campuses. Technologies include:
- Closed circuit television systems which place cameras at a number of locations, both inside and outside, around campus. The cameras are monitored in the University Heights Association’s Office of Public Safety dispatch center, as well as by Hunter North Associates during their coverage. Security cameras are recorded for investigatory and evidentiary purposes.
- Key Fob access to exterior doors of all academic buildings, which notifies University Heights Association’s Office of Public Safety when doors are opened outside of normal business hours or when they are propped open.