Jessica Farrell, Pharm.D.
- ASHP-Accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency completed at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Englewood, NJ
- Pharm.D., Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- American Pharmacists Association Immunization Certification
hONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2014 Rheumatology Research Foundation Health Professionals Online Education Grant
- 2014 Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences Preceptor of Distinction in Clinical Pharmacy
- The Center for Rheumatology Albany & Saratoga Springs, NY
Courses Taught at ACPHS
- Pharmacotherapeutics, Pharmacology, & Medicinal Chemistry (PTPM) Rheumatology/Connective Tissue Diseases
- Topics in Family Medicine Professional Elective
- Drug Interactions Professional Elective
- Integrated Problem Solving Workshop 6
- Integrated Problem Solving Workshop 5
- Pharmacists as Immunizers
- Ambulatory Care, Rheumatology Advanced Practice Experience
- Pharmacy Education Advanced Practice Experience
- Dr. Farrell’s teaching and research activities focus on drug therapy in autoimmune diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, and systemic lupus erythematosus. Dr. Farrell is also a member of the research team at the Steffens Scleroderma Center.
- Patient Education Committee Member (2014- Present)
- Steffens Scleroderma Center (2011-Present)
- Development Committee Chair
- Fundraising Sub-Committee Co-Chair
New York State Council of Health System Pharmacists (NYSCHP)
- Northeastern Chapter Secretary (2011-Present)
- Professional Affairs Committee, Member (2010-Present)
- House of Delegates- Member (2010-Present)
- Northeastern Chapter Past-President (2010-2011)
- Membership Committee, Member (2009-2010)
- Northeastern Chapter President (2009- 2010)
American College of Rheumatology (ACR) /Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ARHP)
- ACR/ARHP Drug Safety Committee Member (2013-Present)
- ARHP Practice Committee Member (2012-Present)
- ARHP Clinical Focus Course Task Force (2009-2012)
- Member (2009-Present)
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) - Member (2008-Present)
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) - Member (2008-Present)
American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) - Member (2006-Present)
Toledo AE, Farrell JF, Shapiro LS. Malignant Atrophic Papulosis: State-of-the-Art Review of Kohlmeier-Degos Disease. The Rheumatologist. 2014;8(7):1, 25-28.
Flick C, Farrell JF. The Pharmacist’s Role in Managing Rheumatic Disease. The Rheumatologist. 2013;7(8):13-16.
Shapiro LS, Toledo AE, Farrell JF. Effective Treatment of Malignant atrophic papulosis (Köhlmeier-Degos disease) with Treprostinil – Early Experience. Orphanet J Rare Dis 2013;8(1):52.
Shapiro LS, Farrell JF, Borhani-Haghighi A. Tocilizumab treatment of neuro-Behcet’s, the first Report [letter]. Clin Neurol and Neurosurg. 2012;114(3):297-298.
Farrell JF. Gout and Hyperuricemia. In: Dong BJ, Elliott DP, eds. Ambulatory Care Self-Assessment Program (ACSAP), 2014 Book 1. Endocrinology/Rheumatology. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2014:169-188.
Farrell JF, Shapiro LS, Kremer JM, Toledo-Garcia AE. Pharmacist-Developed Letters May Enhance Success in Obtaining Insurer Approval for Off-Label Use of Biologics. Poster Presentation at American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA, November 15-19, 2014.
Shapiro LS, Saketkoo LA, Farrell JF, Fligelstone K. Development of a Renal Crisis Prevention Card as an Educational Tool Aimed at Improving Outcomes in High-Risk Patients with Systemic Sclerosis. Poster Presentation at the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA, November 15-19, 2014.
Toledo-Garcia AE, Shapiro LS, Farrell JF. Malignant Atrophic Papulosis (MAP) Complicating Connective Tissue Diseases (CTDs). American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA, November 15-19, 2014.
Toledo-Garcia AE, Shapiro LS, Farrell JF. Eculizumab Treatment of Malignant Atrophic Papulosis (Köhlmeier-Degos Disease): World Experience to Date. American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA, November 15-19, 2014.
Shapiro LS, Toledo-Garcia AE, Farrell JF. Treprostinil Use in Malignant Atrophic Papulosis (Köhlmeier-Degos Disease): Review of Worldwide Experience to Date. American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting, Boston, MA, November 15-19, 2014.
Engle A, Farrell JF, Shangraw A, Flick C. Integrating a Post Graduate Year 1 Pharmacy Practice Resident into a Unique Ambulatory Care Rheumatology Clinic. New York State Council of Health System Pharmacists (NYSCHP) Annual Assembly, Saratoga Springs, NY, May 2-4, 2014.
Shapiro L, Toledo A, Farrell JF. Effective Treatment of Degos Disease with Treprostinil: Early Experience. 2nd Systemic Sclerosis World Congress, February 2-4, 2012.