Faculty members from the Department of Pharmacy Practice were widely seen and heard at the recent meeting of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP). ACPHS faculty were part of eight podium presentations and three poster presentations during the four day annual conference in Albuquerque, New Mexcio.
Below is a listing of presentations, with names of ACPHS faculty members appearing in bold:
- From Theory to Practice: Clinical Reasoning Series in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy—Evidence-Based Screening and Prevention Strategies - Approved for BCACP Recertification Credit. Speaker/Moderator: Amy Barton Pai PharmD, BCPS, FASN, FCCP, Associate Professor, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, New York.
- Chronic Kidney Disease- Speaker/Moderator: Amy Barton Pai PharmD, BCPS, FASN, FCCP.
- Closing Remarks – Speaker/Moderator: Amy Barton Pai PharmD, BCPS, FASN, FCCP
- Curricular Track I: Challenges in Drug Dosing for Complicated Patient Populations—Anticoagulants in Special Populations: Special Considerations in Geriatrics – Anticoagulation: Katherine P. Cabral, Pharm.D., BCPS, CACP, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Albany, New York.
- Endocrine and Metabolism PRN Focus Session—Managing the Complications of Insulin Resistance: Glycemic Control and Beyond: Should Metformin be the Only Option for Pharmacotherapy in Prediabetes? PRO/CON Debate - Speaker: Michael P. Kane, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS, BCACP, Professor, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, New York.
- Women’s Health PRN Focus Session—Myth or Fact? Common Controversies in Women’s Health: Oral Contraceptives and Migraines: Real Risk or Exaggeration? Speaker: Nicole M. Lodise, Pharm.D., Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, New York.
- Nephrology PRN Focus Session—Anemia of Renal Disease: Current and Emerging Therapeutic Approaches and Controversies: New and Emerging Treatments for Anemia of CKD: Time for a New Direction? Speaker: Amy Barton Pai, PharmD, BCPS, FASN, FCCP, Associate Professor, Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, New York.
- Oncology Pharmacy Specialty Sessions, Part II: Updates in Cancer Screening and Prevention - Speaker: Sarah L. Scarpace, Pharm.D., BCOP, Associate Professor and Assistant Dean for Pharmacy Professional Affairs, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences; Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Stratton Veterans' Affairs Medical Center, Albany, New York.
- Weekly Exenatide Therapy: A Real-world Comparison of Incretin Therapies.Sara Micale, Pharm.D.,1 Shahabodin Khatounabadi, BHSc,1 Michael Kane, Pharm.D., FCCP,BCPS, BCACP,1 Robert Busch, M.D., FACE,2 Gary Bakst, M.D.,2 Jill Abelseth, M.D., FACE,2 Robert Hamilton, Pharm.D., MPH3.
- Medication Management Services for Dialysis Patients in Brazil. Daniele Alcantara, Pharmacy Student,1 Katie Cardone, Pharm.D., BCACP, FNKF,2 AlexanderProkopienko, Pharmacy Student,3 Amy Barton Pai, Pharm.D., B.S., FCCP, FASN, BCPS2
- Student Pharmacists’ Reflections on the Challenges of Communicating Medication Therapy Recommendations to Physicians. Paul Denvir, Ph.D.,1 Jeffrey Brewer, Pharm.D., BCACP.
ACCP is a professional and scientific society that provides leadership, education, advocacy, and resources enabling clinical pharmacists to achieve excellence in practice and research. Its membership is composed of membership is composed of practitioners, scientists, educators, administrators, students, residents, fellows, and others committed to excellence in clinical pharmacy and patient pharmacotherapy.