- Professional development certificates - Project Management, Center for Continuing Education, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Ph.D., Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Maryland, College Park
- M.S., Biological Sciences, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
Developing new strategies to target cancer stem cells to arrest tumor growth and promote chemo sensitivity; understanding tumor-immune cell interactions to combat tumor immune suppression.
- Travel Award, College of Life Sciences, UMD College Park
- Award of Excellence, UMD College Park
- Office of Research, grand prize winner, GRID 2007, UMD College Park
- Zain-Ul-Abedin Annual Scholarship, Molecular and Cell Biology
Srinivasan, M and Frauwirth, K.A. (2009). Peripheral Tolerance in CD8 T cells. Cytokine 2009 May; 46(2):147-59.
Srinivasan, M. and K.A. Frauwirth (2007). Reciprocal NFAT1 and NFAT2 nuclear localization in CD8+ anergic T cells is regulated by sub-optimal calcium signaling. J Immunol 2007 179: 3734-3741.
Research and Conference Presentations
Srinivasan, M and KA Frauwirth. "Reciprocal NFAT1 and NFAT2 nuclear localization in anergic T cells is determined by sub optimal calcium signaling." Immunology 2007, the 94th annual meeting of the American Association of Immunologists, Miami Beach, Florida. May 2007.
Srinivasan, M and KA Frauwirth. "Differential Regulation of Nuclear Localization of NFAT Isoforms in Anergic CD8+ T Cells." Graduate Research Interaction Day (GRID). UMD, College Park. April 2007.
Srinivasan, M and KA Frauwirth. "Defective Calcium Signaling in Anergic T Cells causes Reciprocal Translocation Regulation of NFAT Isoforms." Molecular and Cell Biology Annual Retreat, UMD, College Park. May 2006.
Srinivasan, M and KA Frauwirth. "Defective calcium signaling in anergic T cells causes differential nuclear translocation of NFAT Isoforms." Lymphocyte Activation and Signaling, Keystone conference. Steamboat Springs, Colorado. January 2006.
Previous Positions or Appointments
- Post-doctoral associate, in the lab of Dr. Bruce Blazar, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
- Research assistant, in the lab of Dr. Kenneth Frauwirth, University of Maryland, College Park.
- Research assistant, in the lab of Dr. David Mosser, University of Maryland, College Park.
- Internship, under the guidance of Dr. Saman Habib, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India.
- Undergraduate project, under the guidance of Dr. Utpal Roy, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.