B.S. Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Ph.D. Chemistry, University of California-Davis
Scientific editing and writing, chemistry, small drug molecules, drug discovery, analytical instrumentation, and laboratory management.
Keating KA. Your Paper Is Rejected, Now What? [2011 AMWA Annual Conference Coverage], AMWA Journal, 2011:26(4):e9-e10.
Keating KA. Tracking Health Policy Reform [2009 AMWA Annual Conference Coverage], AMWA Journal, 2010:25(2):e1-e2.
Hu L, Martin HM, Arce-Bulted O, Sugihara MN, Keating KA, Strathmann TJ. Oxidation of carbamazepine by Mn(VII) and Fe(VI): reaction kinetics and mechanism. Environ Sci Technol. 2009;43(2):509-515.
Keating KA, McConnell O, Zhang Y, et al. NMR characterization of an S-linked glucuronide metabolite of the potent, novel, nonsteroidal progesterone agonist tanaproget. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34(8):1283-1287.
Marzilli LG, Saad JS, Kuklenyik Z, Keating KA, Xu Y. Relationship of solution and protein-bound structures of DNA duplexes with the major intrastrand cross-link lesions formed on cisplatin binding to DNA. J Am Chem Soc. 2001;123(12):2764-2770.
Keating KA, Myers JD, Pelton JG, Bair RA, Wemmer DE, Ellis PD. Development and use of a virtual NMR facility. J Mag Res. 2000;143(1):172-183.
Keating KA, La Mar GN, Shiau FY, Smith KM. Proton NMR study of the molecular and electronic structure of paramagnetic iron chlorin complexes of myoglobin: dynamic heterogeneity of the heme pocket. J Am Chem Soc. 1992;114(16):6513-6520.
Keating KA, de Ropp JS, La Mar GN, Balch AL, Shiau FY, Smith KM. Assignment by 2D NMR bond correlation spectroscopy of hyperfine-shifted and strongly relaxed protons in iron porphyrin and chlorin complexes. Inorg Chem. 1991;30(17):3258-3263.
- Shen L, Keating K, McConnell O, DeMaio W, Chandrasekaran A, inventors; Wyeth, assignee. Tanaproget derivatives, metabolites, and uses thereof. US patent 7,569,679. August 4, 2009.
- Wyeth Chemical and Screening Sciences Above and Beyond Award, 2004
- AT&T Bell Laboratories Exceptional Contribution Award, 1985
- Member, American Chemical Society American Medical Writers Association
PREVIOUS POSITIONS OR APPOINTMENTS
- Senior Research Specialist (Interim Director), Roy J. Carver Metabolomics Center, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Senior Research Scientist II, Wyeth, Collegeville, PA, Manager of NMR labs and spectroscopy services (IR, CHN) for 65 chemists
- Visiting NMR Scientist and Senior Research Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), Richland, WA
- Postdoctoral Research Associate and Graduate Lecturer, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Senior Support Scientist, Biosym Technologies, Inc. (now Accelyrs), San Diego, CA
- Senior Technical Associate, AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ