The Science Assistance Center offers students on the Albany Campus professional academic services designed to support math and science courses offered in the first two undergraduate years.
The Science Assistance Center’s mission is to maximize students’ academic potential and build their confidence in a comfortable and collaborative atmosphere.
These services, provided by professional tutors, are provided on a drop-in basis during daytime business hours and are available during the regular academic year.
The Science Assistance Center is located in room 308 of the Library Building. The spring 2014 schedule is as follows:
General Chemistry or Organic Chemistry
Tutors: Dr. Bill Williams and Dr. Trudy Thomas-Smith
- Monday - 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday - 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Thursday - 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Friday - 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
General Biology and Biology Selectives
Tutors: Dr. Ellen Duffy and Dr. Michele Gilson
- Monday - 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday - 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday - 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Thursday - 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Friday - 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Calculus, Physics, or Statistics
Tutors: Mr. Nick Lanzillo and Dr. Michael Malak
- Monday - 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Wednesday - 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Friday - 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm