Founded in 2002, the Pharmaceutical Research Institute at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is a center for drug discovery and development.
PRI investigators possess expertise in fields that include nanotechnology, medicinal chemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology.
As part of its mission, PRI is also engaged in teaching and learning. ACPHS pharmacy students in their final professional years have opportunities to pursue rotations at the Institute. At the end of their rotations, these students publish review articles in academic journals based on what they have learned.
There are also graduate students from ACPHS (and other area schools) who conduct research at the Institute.
Below is the team of investigators, staff, and postdoctoral students who work at PRI:
- Shaker Mousa, ACPHS Vice Provost for Research, Executive Vice President and Chairman of PRI
- Dhruba Bharali, Assistant Director of Nanotechnology
- Paul Davis, Professor
- Linda Eligwe, Research Associate
- Kelly Keating, Science Editor/Medical Writer
- Gloria Lin, Research Associate
- Vandhana Muralidharan-Chari, Research Scientist
- Patricia Phillips, Assistant Director, Grants
- Mathangi Srinivasan, Post-Doctoral Fellow in Molecular Biology
- Laura Stellato, Executive Administrative Assistant
- Sudha Thangirala, Research Manager, Biotechnology