The master's program in Clinical Laboratory Sciences prepares students to enter the highly skilled laboratory profession focused on the analysis of patient specimens to diagnosis and monitor disease process and to contribute to overall wellness.
Graduates are trained as generalists and are qualified by national certification and New York State licensure to work in several areas of a clinical laboratory, including hematology, microbiology, immunohematology, chemistry, immunology and molecular diagnostics.
Clinical laboratory technologists work closely with clinical pathologists, physicians and other care providers to provide accurate and timely information to assist in the treatment of patients for the best possible outcome.
Graduates are also prepared for careers in forensic, quality control, and research laboratory settings.
** Please note that students who graduate with the B.S. in Clinical Laboratory Sciences from ACPHS are not eligible for the Master's program.
Clinical Laboratory Sciences Core
- Clinical Microbiology I and II (4, 4)
- Clinical Hematology and Hemostasis (4)
- Clinical Immunology (4)
- Immunohematology (4)
- Chemistry (4)
- Urinalysis and Body Fluids (2)
- Clinical Instrumental Analysis (2)
- Clinical Practicum I and II (9, 9)
- Clinical Correlations (2)
Biomedical Sciences Core
- Advanced Good Laboratory Practices and Laboratory Management (3)
- Molecular Genetics and Genomics (3)
- Molecular Genetics and Genomics Laboratory (1)
- Molecular Diagnostics (3)
- Capstone Project in Health Sciences (3)
Ethics and Research Methods
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis (2)
- Ethics in Research (1)
Board Exam Pass Rates
|Graduation Year||No. of ACPHS Students
|Pass Rate on
Admission and Application Requirements
- Completion of the online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, regardless if a degree was earned or not. International applicants must also submit offical WES or ECE evaluations.
- Minimum two letters of recommendation from faculty and/or professionally relevant sources who can attest to your likelihood of success in graduate shool
- Personal essay outlining relevant background/experience and why you wish to attend ACPHS
- Official GRE scores (please note the college code is 2013)
- Current ACPHS students with a gpa of 3.0 or higher applying for direct entry into the graduate school are exempt from taking the GRE.
- International applicants must also submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores
- $75 application fee
The deadline to apply is April 15 for fall enrollment, but early application is encouraged for the best chance of admission.
Visit the Graduate Admissions landing page to view a complete list of admission and application requirements, including the online application.