Class of 2011: “Be the Change” Scholarship Award
Ghandi once stated, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." The “Be the Change” award was established by the ACPHS Class of 2011 to honor Ray Chandresekara, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Arts and Sciences.
The members of the Class of 2011 believe this statement
exemplifies the type of person that Dr. Chandresekara is and hope to encourage future generations at ACPHS to be the same.
Dr. Chandresekara was and continues to be a mentor, a friend, and a great professor to the Class of 2011. He has influenced all of those who have crossed paths with him over the years. Dr. Chandresekara has made those around him attempt to strive to be better people on a daily basis. He has a worldly
view on life, hoping to do good by all and for all.
The Class of 2011, in wanting to leave behind a legacy for generations to come, felt it best to acknowledge a student in the professional portion of the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) curriculum who has demonstrated the below listed attributes and characteristics that the Class of 2011 feels best reflects the type of person Dr. Chandresekara is.
One (1) five hundred dollar ($500.00) scholarship will be awarded annually to the deserving student during the Fall Awards Ceremony.
“Being the change” means to:
- Demonstrating a dedication to the college community through service and leadership.
- Promoting professional and personal growth amongst ones peers.
- Striving to be a better person each day and encourage others to do the same.
- Displaying an eclectic school and life balance, participating in both academic and non academic activities.
- Being extremely welcoming and tolerant of others' viewpoints regardless of one's religious,
academic, or ethnic background.
- Exuding an aura of friendliness and lightheartedness.
- Embodying selflessness and sharing this attribute with others.
The founding donors of this endowed scholarship are the following members from the Class of