Sommer Zarbock, Pharm.D.
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Vermont Campus
Tel: (802) 735-2626
- PGY2 - Adult Internal Medicine Pharmacy Specialty Residency - University of Kentucky
PGY1 - Pharmacy Practice Residency - University of Kentucky
Pharm.D. - University of Colorado
B.S. - Colorado State University
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- > Endocrine Module
- > Cardiovascular Module
- > IPS 3 (Integrated Problem Solving) Coordinator
- > PSL (Pharmacy Skills Lab) Instructor
- > CAM Co-coordinator (Complementary and Alternative Medicine)
- > Pharmacotherapy clerkship (APPE)
- Cardiology and Endocrinology - including heart disease, metabolic syndrome, obesity and exercise, and prevention of diabetes.
Adult Inpatient Internal Medicine
- Zarbock SD, Hatton J, Steinke DT, Magnuson M, Smith KM and Cook AM. Successful Enteral Nutritional Support in the Neurocritical Care Unit. Neurocrit Care. 2008;9:210-16.
Zarbock SD, Magnuson B, Hoskins L, Record KE and Smith KM. Lactose: The Hidden Culprit in Medication Intolerance. Orthopedics. 2007;30(8):615-17.
- Elliot K, Skrzypiec C, Zarbock SD. Pharmacy Students Bring Healthcare to Rural Vermont-National Drug Takeback Day. AM J Health Sys Pharm 2011. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting, New Orleans, LA, December 2011.
Honors and Awards:
- Educator of the Year for 2011-12 (ACPHS-Vermont Campus)
- > Vermont Society of Health-System Pharmacists, President (2012-2013)
- > Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board for the State of Vermont, Member
- > American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Member
- > American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Member
- > American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Member
- > Vermont Campus Chapter of Rho Chi Honor Society
- > Vermont Campus of American Society of Health-System Pharmacists – Student Society
Clinical Practice Site:
- Vermont Internal Medicine, Burlington, VT