Michael R. Brodeur, Pharm.D., CGP, FASCP
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany Campus
Tel: (518) 694-7386
- Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Speciality Residency, University of Maryland
Pharm.D., St. John's University
B.S. in Pharmacy, St. John’s University
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- > Neurology/Psychiatric PTPM
- > Genitourinary PTPM
- > Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- > Geriatric Pharmacotherapy (APPE)
- Dr. Brodeur’s research interests include Geriatric Pharmacotherapy. He has an active clinical practice in geriatrics with a focus on the care of frail elders. He is specifically interested in anticholinergic drug burden, dementia and adverse drug reactions. Dr. Brodeur also conducts research in the field of pharmacy education with a focus on curricular development and assessment.
- Brodeur MR. Geriatric Urology in Applied Therapeutics, 10th Edition
Brodeur MR, Mirk SM. Respiratory Disorders in Geriatric Pharmacotherapy an Evidence Based Approach 1st Edition. 2010
Brodeur MR, Thompson JF. Geriatric Urology in Applied Therapeutics 9th Edition. Koda Kimble Ed. 2009
Beizer JL, Brandt NJ, Brodeur MR, Jeffery SM, Plein JB, Stratton MA, Bouwmeester C, D’Antonio PM. Geriatric Pharmacy Curriculum Guide, 2nd Edition 2007.
Zeolla MM, Brodeur MR, Dominelli A, Haines ST, Allie ND. Development and Validation of an Instrument to Determine Patient Knowledge: The Oral Anticoagulation Knowledge (OAK) Test. Ann Pharmacother 2006;40:633-638.
Clinical Practice Site:
- Senior Care Clinical Pharmacist- The Eddy, North East Health, Troy, NY
- > New York State Licensed Pharmacist, 1998-present
- > Maryland Licensed Pharmacist, 2000-present
- > Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, 2001-present