Leon E. Cosler, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany Campus
Tel: (518) 694-7223
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- Pharmacoeconomics & Health Outcomes
- Topics in Public Health
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Named 2006-07 ACPHS Professional Teacher of the Year
- Pharmacoeconomics; Decision-analysis modeling; Large claims data bases analyses; cost-of illness and cost-effectiveness analyses specializing in oncology treatment and toxicities. Also interested in Medicaid and Medicare cost and outcomes studies.
- Pearson SA, Soumerai S, Mah C, et al: Racial disparities in access after regulatory surveillance of benzodiazepines. Arch Intern Med 166:572-9, 2006
Kuderer NM, Dale DC, Crawford J, et al: Mortality, morbidity, and cost associated with febrile neutropenia in adult cancer patients. Cancer 106:2258-66, 2006
Cosler LE, Sivasubramaniam V, Agboola O, et al: Effect of outpatient treatment of febrile neutropenia on the risk threshold for the use of CSF in patients with cancer treated with chemotherapy. Value Health 8:47-52, 2005
Hornberger J, Cosler LE, Lyman GH: Economic analysis of targeting chemotherapy using a 21-gene RT-PCR assay in lymph-node-negative, estrogen-receptor-positive, early-stage breast cancer. Am J Manag Care 11:313-24, 2005
Simoni-Wastila L, Ross-Degnan D, Mah C, et al: A retrospective data analysis of the impact of the New York triplicate prescription program on benzodiazepine use in medicaid patients with chronic psychiatric and neurologic disorders. Clin Ther 26:322-36, 2004
Cosler LE, Calhoun EA, Agboola O, et al: Effects of indirect and additional direct costs on the risk threshold for prophylaxis with colony-stimulating factors in patients at risk for severe neutropenia from cancer chemotherapy. Pharmacotherapy 24:488-94, 2004