Katherine P. Cabral, Pharm.D., BCPS, CACP
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany Campus
Tel: (518) 694-7187
- Cardiology Specialty Residency, Boston Medical Center, Boston MA
Pharmacy Practice Residency, Boston Medical Center, Boston MA
Pharm.D., Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences, Boston MA
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- > Integrated Problem Solving (IPS) Workshop 5
- > Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience - Inpatient cardiology
- > PTPM Cardiovascular module
- > Novel anticoagulants
- > Prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolism disease
- > Heparin induced thrombocytopenia
- > Acute coronary syndromes pharmacotherapy
- > Antithrombotic reversal
- Cabral KP, Ansell JA. Oral Direct Factor Xa Inhibitors for Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation. Nat Rev Cardiol 2012; advance online publication 2.28.12; doi:10.1038/nrcardio.2012.19.
Runyan CL, Cabral KP, Riker RR, et al. “Bivalirudin Doses Correlate with Creatinine Clearance During Treatment of Heparin- Induced Thrombocytopenia: A Retrospective Chart Review.” Pharmacotherapy 2011: Pharmacotherapy 2011;31(9):850-856.
Cabral KP, Ansell JA, Hylek EM. “Future Directions of Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation: The Potential Impact of Novel Anticoagulants.” J Thromb Haemost 2011; 9 (3): 441-449.
Rolfe S, Papadopoulos S, Cabral KP. “Controversies of Anticoagulation Reversal in Life Threatening Bleeds.” J Pharm Pract 2010; 23: 217-225.
Phillips KW, Ansell JA. “The Clinical Implications of New Oral Anticoagulants: Will the Potential Advantages be Achieved?” Thromb Haemost 2010;103:34-39. Cabral, KP. "How to meet national quality initiatives: best practices.” J Thromb Thrombolysis 2009; 29(2): 105.
Phillips KW, Dobesh PP, Haines ST. “Considerations in Using Anticoagulant Therapy in Special Patient Populations” AJHP 2008; 65 (suppl 7):S13-21.
Phillips KW, Merli G. “Chapter 10: Developing an Inpatient Anticoagulation Service” Managing Oral Anticoagulation Therapy: Clinical and Operational Guidelines. 3rd edition. Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.: 2009.