Jeffrey M. Brewer, Pharm.D., BCACP
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany Campus
Tel: (518) 694-7282
- Ambulatory Care Specialty Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Department of Pharmacy
General Pharmacy Practice Residency (Emphasis in Ambulatory Care), ASHP Accredited, Lakeside Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System
University of Maryland, School of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- > Integrated Problem Solving 3
- > Pharmacy Skills Lab 5 - Patient Assessment
- > Foundations of Diabetes Elective
- > Family Medicine Elective
- > Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience - Family Medicine
- > Multi-disciplinary practice models
- > Post-Graduate training processes
- > Transition of students to professionals
- > Preceptor of the year - ACPHS 2011, UMD 2006
- > ACCP Best Poster award - AACP Spring Research Forum 2007
- Nkansah N, Shermock K, Connors R, Brewer JM. Clinical outcomes of patient’s with Diabetes Mellitus receiving medication management by pharmacists in a urban private physician practice. AJHP 2008;65:145-149.
Brewer JM, Kumbera P. Establishing a web-based program for reimbursement for medication therapy management services. Interview. AJHP 2006;63:1806. Publication in peer reviewed journal: Brewer JM, Noronha GJ. Pharmacists as NPPs. Family Practice Management. Letter to editor. Nov 05
Posters and Presentation of Original Research:
- Kuweruza GN, Brewer JM, Noronha GJ, Efird L. Evaluation of Antihyperglycemic Prescribing Pattern after a Well Publicized, Controversial Article Linking Rosiglitazone to Myocardial Infarction. JHCP_RC_195. IRB_NA_00015913. Eastern States Residency Meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 2008.
Andrawis M, Brewer JM. Descriptive Analysis of Medication Therapy Management Services at the Johns Hopkins Outpatient Pharmacies. IRB_NA_00014832. Eastern States Residency Meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 2008.
Noronha G, Miller J, Brewer JM, McGuire M. The Contribution of a Pharmacy Clinic on Productivity in a Private Physician practice. IRB-NA_00002014. Eastern States Residency Meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 2006; ACCP Spring research forum May 2007.
McGuire M, Noronha G, Connors R, Brewer JM, Nkansah N. Developing and Evaluating a Clinical Pharmacy Disease Management Program in an Internal Medicine Practice. Society of General Internal Medicine Meeting, Atlanta, GA, 2005.
- Brewer JM. The Physician Office Vignette. In: Building Ambulatory Pharmacy Services, Part 1: Caring for Patients Today. ASHP MidYear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, LA. Tuesday Dec 6, 2011. ACPE# 204-000-11-278-L04P.
Riddle S, Brewer JM. Ambulatory Pharmacy Services: Strategies for Developing a Service Proposal. National Webinar. ASHP Section Advisory Group on Clinical Business Development. Sept 27, 2011.
Brewer JM, English C, Strang A. Pearls for Developing a successful clinical practice site and developing a course proposal. ACPHS Department of Pharmacy Practice Retreat. August 23, 2011.
Brewer JM. Hypertension update: What is your role? Annual Pharmacy Practice Institute-ACPE accredited. 150 Pharmacists from Capital District area, March, 2010.
Brewer JM. University of Maryland, School of Pharmacy Keynote Speaker – White Coat Initiation Ceremony, Baltimore, MD, Sept 2008.
Brewer JM. Phi Lambda Sigma Keynote Speaker – Initiation Banquet, Baltimore, MD, April 2005.
- Sachdev G, Kliethermes MA, Armor B, Stump AL, Brewer JM. Building Ambulatory Pharmacy Services, Part 1: Caring for Patients Today.; Workshop and Panel Discussion. ASHP MidYear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, LA. Tuesday Dec 6, 2011.
Leal S, Masilamani S, Smith M, Brown TR, Brewer JM. Building Ambulatory Pharmacy Services, Part 2: Positioning your practice for the future. Workshop and Panel Discussion. ASHP MidYear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, LA. Tuesday Dec 6, 2011.
Bertosik J, Hopsicker J, Triller D, Chillingworth K, O’Neil J, Brewer JM. AMCP-ACPHS Managed Care Pharmacy Career Panel. Brief career path discussion and open forum on the future of pharmacy. 30 ACPHS students. SC201. Dec 1, 2011.
Sands C, Bennett MA, Brewer JM. Patient-Centered Pharmacy Practice: Past, Present, and Future. In: Curricular Track 2. Innovative Strategies in Patient-Centered Pharmacy Practice. Panel discussion. ACCP annual Meeting. Anaheim, CA. Wednesday Oct 21, 2009.
Riddle S, Bray B, Brewer JM. ASHP Leadership Conference 2006. Chicago, IL, October 2006
Somma M, Brewer JM, et al. Medication Therapy Management: A Private Physician Practice and Community Pharmacy Perspective. MTM at ASHP Mid-year Clinical Meeting. Anaheim, CA, December 2006.
Medication Therapy Management: A Private Physician Practice and Community Pharmacy perspective (same title different focus and slide set)
Brewer, McGivney (Somma), Bennett, Lee, Layson-Wolf. Medication Therapy Management- Advanced Workshop. Mt. Washington Conference Center, August 2007.
Brewer JM, Lee C, Layson-Wolf C, etal. Medication Therapy Management: Embracing New Opportunities in Pharmacy Conference. Presentation: Practical Lessons for Implementing a new service to patients: How do you set your practice? Howard University October 2006 & University of Maryland November 2006
- Brewer JM, Denvir P. Balancing competing patient care philosophies during ambulatory care APPEs. In: Nourishing the Soul of Pharmacy: Stories of Reflection.; Eds. Zlatic TD, Zellmer WA. American College of Clinical Pharmacy. 2011
Brewer JM. Tips #12,40,41,79,83. In: 100 MTM Tips for the Pharmacist. Millonig MK. Washington DC: American Pharmacist’s Association; 2009.
Brewer JM, Arnold S. Formulary section. In: The Osler Medical Handbook. 2nd edition. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2005.
Arnold S, Brewer JM. Formulary section. In: The Osler Medical Handbook. 1st edition. Cheng A, Zaas A eds. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby; 2002