Mehdi Boroujerdi, Ph.D.
Professor of Pharmaceutics
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Tel: (518) 694-7140
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Pharmacokinetics, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology, Dosage Forms, Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Control, Pharmaceutical Calculations, Advanced Pharmacokinetics, Drug Metabolism, Advanced Pharmaceutics, Novel Drug Delivery Systems
- Overexpression of P-glycoprotein (Pgp) has been attributed to manifestation of multidrug resistance (MDR). The influence of modulation (inhibition or stimulation) of this protein on pharmacokinetics and toxicodynamics of xenobiotics is the current focus of our research projects.
- Darvari, R. and Boroujerdi, M.: Investigation of the Influence of Modulation og P-Glycoprotein by Multiple Dosing Regimen of Tamoxifen on Pharmacokinetrics and Toxicodynamics of Doxorubicin, Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, 56(5): 497-509, 2005.
Darvari, R and Boroujerdi, M: Concentration Dependency of Modulatory Effects of Amlodipin on P-glycoprotein Efflux Activity of Doxorubicin - A Comparison with Tamoxifen. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 56:985-991, 2004.
- Varun Goel, David Y. W. Lee and Mehdi Boroujerdi: Influence of Modulation of P-glycoprotein and Inhibition of CYP3A4 on the Pharmacokinetics and Bioavailability of Puerarin. American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Annual meeting, San Antonio, TX , October 29 - November 2, 2006.
Tingting Zhang, David Lee, Mehdi Boroujerdi: Comparative Evaluation of Pharmacokinetics of Silybin A and Silybin B. American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Annual meeting, San Antonio, TX , October 29 - November 2, 2006.
- Pharmacokinetics - Principles and Applications. Mehdi Boroujerdi, Ph.D., ISBN: 0-07-135164-7, McGraw-Hill.