Binshan Shi, Ph.D.
Department of Health Sciences
Tel: (518) 694-7116
- Ph.D., Zhejiang University, P. R. China
- M.Sc., Zhejiang University, P. R. China
- B.Sc., Zhejiang University, P. R. China
- > Genetics and Molecular Basis of Disease
> Molecular Diagnosis
Selected Publications/Conference presentations:
- Binshan Shi, Christina Kitchen, Barbara Weiser, Douglas Mayers, Brian Foley, Kimdar Kemal, Kathryn Anastos, Marc Suchard, Monica Parker, Cheryl Brunner, Harold Burger. (2010) Evolution and recombination of genes encoding HIV-1 drug resistance and tropism during antiretroviral therapy. Virology, 404: 5–20
Linda M. Styer, Binshan Shi, and Monica M. Parker. Detection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 (HIV-2) Using a Real Time RT-PCR Assay with a Whole Virus Internal Control. 2010 HIV Diagnostics Conference, March, 2010, Orlando, FL
Binshan Shi, Barbara Weiser, Harold Burger. Sensitive Detection of X4 and R5 HIV-1 Strains by Using a Novel Heteroduplex Tracking Assay. 49th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC 2009) September 12-15, 2009, San Francisco, CA
Shi B, Philpott S, Weiser B, Kuiken C, Fowke K, Fang G, Brunner C, Plummer, F, Rowland-Jones S, Bwayo J, Kimani. J, Anzala O, and Burger H. (2004) Construction of an Infectious Molecular Clone of HIV-1 from an African Patient with a Subtype D-C Recombinant Virus. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 20(9): 1015-1018.
Fang G, Weiser B, Kuiken C, Philpott S, Rowland-Jones S, Plummer F, Kimani J, Shi B, Kaul R, Bwayo J, Anzala O, and Burger H. (2004) Recombination following Superinfection by HIV-1. AIDS, 18(2): 1-7.
Fang G, Kuiken C, Weiser B, Rowland-Jones S, Plummer F, Chen CH, Kaul R, Anzala AO, Bwayo J, Kimani J, Philpott SM, Kitchen C, Gaschen B, Lang D, Shi B, Kemal KS, Rostron T, Brunner C, Beddows S, Sattenau Q, Paxinos E, Oyugi J, Burger H. (2004) Long-term Survivors in Nairobi: Complete HIV-1 RNA Sequences and Immunogenetic Associations. J. of Infectious Disease. 190: 697-701.
Binshan Shi, Zhu-Nan C, Jun Y, Ying-Nian Y. (2004) N-Methyl-N’-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine sensitivity, mutator phenotype and sequence specificity of spontaneous mutagenesis in FEN-1-deficient cells. Mutation Research 556:1-9
Shi Bin Shan, Yu Y N，Cai Z N, Shen B H. (2001) The Influence of FEN-1 Gene on Cell Cycle and Genetic Stability. Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, 33(3): 309-314.
Shi Bin Shan, Yu Y N. (2000) The Function and Structure of the Structure-Specific Nuclease FEN-1 (flap endo/exonuclease). Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, 27(2): 143-146.
Shi Bin Shan, Yu Y N，Cai Z N, Shen B H. (2000) The Establishment of FL-FEN-1- Cell in which FEN-1 gene was blocked by antisense. Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica, 32(1): 87-89.
- Dr.Shi is the inventor of the International Patent “Detection of X4 Strains of HIV-1 by Heteroduplex Tracking Assay” (WO2011032078).
- > Member of the International AIDS Research Society.
- > Member of the American Society for Microbiology
- > Reviewer for Journal of Clinical Microbiology.
- > New York State Clinical Laboratory License technologist.
Previous positions or appointments:
- Research scientist, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health
Assistant Professor, Zhejiang University