Yuri Kholodenko, Ph.D.
Department of Basic and Social Sciences
Tel: (518) 694-7229
- Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- > General Physics I and II
- > Physics for Life Sciences
- > College Physics I and II
- Molecular dynamics in biological processes is a challenging and exciting field of modern biophysics. I am interested in protein dynamics and the connection between protein dynamics and function. A deeper understanding of functionally significant protein motions is an important step toward the rational design of new proteins with interesting practical applications.
- Y. Kholodenko, M. Volk, E. Gooding, R. M. Hochstrasser. "Energy dissipation and relaxation processes in deoxy myoglobin after photoexcitation in the Soret region." Chemical Physics, 259 , 71-87, 2000.
Y. Kholodenko, E. A. Gooding, Y. Dou, M. Ikeda-Saito, R. M. Hochstrasser. "Heme protein dynamics revealed by geminate nitric oxide recombination in mutants of iron and cobalt myoglobin." Biochemistry, 38 , 5918-5924, 1999.
S. Gnanakaran, M. Lim, M. Volk, E. Gooding, Y. Kholodenko, R. M. Hochstrasser. "Chemical reaction dynamics of some simple molecules in solutions." Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, A, 356 , 377-388, 1998.
H. S. M. Lu, M. Volk, Y. Kholodenko, E. Gooding, R. M. Hochstrasser, W. F. DeGrado. "Aminothiotyrosine disulfide, an optical trigger for initiation of protein folding." J. Am. Chem. Soc., 119 , 7173 -7180, 1997.
M. Volk, Y. Kholodenko, H. S.M. Lu, E. A. Gooding, W. F. DeGrado, R. M. Hochstrasser. "Peptide conformational dynamics and vibrational stark effects following photoinitiated disulfide cleavage." J. Phys. Chem. B, 101 , 8607-8616, 1997.