Michael J. Racz, Ph.D.
Department of Basic and Social Sciences
Tel: (518) 694-7182
- Ph.D. in Biometry and Statistics, State University of New York at Albany
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- > Elementary Statistics
- > CONSORT (Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials)
- > Experimental Design and Data Analysis
- > Bayesian Predictive Inference
- > Outcomes Research
- > Provider Profiling
- > Survey Sampling
- Racz MJ, Sedransk J, (2010). “Bayesian and frequentist methods for provider profiling using risk-adjusted assessments of medical outcomes,” Journal of the American Statistical Association 105, 48-58.
Hannan EL, Racz MJ, Walford G. "Out-of-Hospital Deaths within 30 Days Following Hospitalization Where Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Was Performed", in press (scheduled to appear January 2012), The American Journal of Cardiology.
Hannan EL, Racz M, Walford G, Holmes DR, Jones RH, Sharma S, Katz S, King SB 3rd, (2008). “Drug-eluting versus bare-metal stents in the treatment of patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology Cardiovascular Interventions 1, 129-35
- University at Albany School of Public Health Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2000
- Racz MJ, Sedransk J. “Predictive inference for identifying outliers in health care providers”, 9th International Conference on Health Policy Statistics, Cleveland, Ohio, October 2011.
Racz MJ. “Statistical issues pertinent to the detection of outliers in health care providers”, Marist College Mathematics Seminar, Poughkeepsie, New York, October 2011.
Racz MJ, Sedransk J. “Bayesian and frequentist methods for provider profiling using risk-adjusted assessments of medical outcomes”, Joint Statistical Meetings, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, August 2010.