Laura Rogers, D.A.
Department of Humanities and Communication
Tel: (518) 694-7261
- D.A. in English, State University of New York at Albany
Courses Taught at ACPHS
- > Principles of Communication
- > American Women Writers
- > Crime and Punishment in Fiction and Film
- > Fiction and Film
- > Creative Writing
- > Contemporary American Literature
- > Writing Center Director
- Writing Center Theory and Practice, Critical Literacy, 19th Century American Women Writers, Feminist Film Theory
- "Finding Our Way From Within: Critical Teaching in a Prison Writing Class". Under review: Open Words, Ed. John Tassoni and William Thelin.
"When Lifelines Converge: Voices From the Forest Creative Writing Group". Reflections: A Journal of Service Learning, Special Issue on Prison Literacies, Narratives, and Community Connections, Vol IV, no 1, Winter 2004.
"Disruptions, Differences, and Bakhtin’s Dialogic". Stories From the Center, ed. Lynne Craigue Briggs and Meg Woolbright, NCTE, 1999.
“Alice Cary,” in Nineteenth-Century American Writers: A Bio-Bibliographical Critical Sourcebook, Ed. Denise D. Knight, Greenwood Press, 1997.