Dudley G. Moon, Ph.D.
Department of Basic and Social Sciences
Tel: (518) 694-7240
- Ph.D. in Physiology and Cell Biology, Albany Medical College
Courses Taught at ACPHS:
- > General Biology I & II
- > General Biology II
- > Anatomy and Physiology I & II
- > Plant Biochemistry and Natural Products
- > Japanese Language and Culture Courses
- Dr. Moon's general research interest is the application of biochemical,
cellular, and morphological methods to physiological and
pathophysiological questions. His current focus is on how body-mind interactions affect human health.
Mechanisms of Thrombosis and Hemostasis - Platelet-Leukocyte Interactions; Platelet structure and function.
Biological Effects of Natural Products - Especially Flavonoids and Arabinogalactans; Structure and Synthesis; Immunostimulant effects of Arabinogalactans; Cryoprotective Actions of Arabinogalactans
- Moon, D.G. and Liu, E. "Natural Products" Chapter 23 In: Pharmacy Practice for Technicians. Fifth edition (J. Durgin and Z. Hanan, eds.) Delmar Publishers & Cengage Learning, Albany, New York, 2012.
Moon, D.G., Integrative Medicine and Human Health. Abstracts of the First Annual ACPHS Research Symposium, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 2011.
Fenton II, J.W., Jeske, J.L. Catalfamo, D.V. Brezniak, D.G. Moon, and G.X. Shen. Statin Drugs and Dietary Isprenoids Downregulate Protein Prenylation in Signal Transduction and are Antithrombotic and Prothrombotic Agents. Biochemistry (Moscov), 67: 85 - 91, 2002.