The DeNuzzo Center for Innovative Learning
Named in honor of legendary ACPHS Professor Rinaldo DeNuzzo, the DeNuzzo Center for Innovative Learning promotes and coordinates activities related to innovative learning. The center will be formally launched later in the year.
Innovative learning can mean different things to different people. Too often it is merely associated with the introduction of new technologies. ACPHS is evolving a strategy for innovative learning based on:
- > Developing 21st century skills throughout the curriculum
- > Flipping the classroom and creating interactive learning experiences
- > Developing digital presentations of student accomplishments
- > Collaborating and sharing
- > Adjusting to the mobile computing world (tablets and smartphones)
- > Making use of open learning content in various medias
Read the Innovative Learning blog
to learn more about these strategic elements.
To help accomplish ACPHS's innovative learning strategy, the DeNuzzo Center provides:
- > Case studies on innovative learning
- > Coordination of interest groups related to innovative learning
- > Coordination of information on research and development activities for teaching and learning
- > Information on educational research grant opportunities
- > iPad Users Group (click image below for additional information)
For more information, please contact:
Ian Douglas, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for Innovative Learning and Academic Support Services
Tel: (518) 694-7237